Sorry, no posts were found!
India (official name: Republic of India) is the largest country in the continent of Asia. Completely located in the Northern Hemisphere, India is geographically the 7th largest in the world and second largest in the world in terms of population. Pakistan is located in the west of India, China, Nepal, and Bhutan in the northeast, Bangladesh, and Myanmar in the east. The Indian Ocean borders the Maldives to its southwest, Sri Lanka to its south, and Indonesia to the south-east. The physical boundary to its north is bordered by the Himalayas and to the south by the Indian Ocean. To the east is the Bay of Bengal and to the west is the Arabian Sea.
Currently, the Indian economy is the third-largest in the world on the basis of purchasing power parity and the 10th largest economy in the world on the basis of standard values.
India is the world’s largest democracy. This parliamentary republic with a multi-party system has 06 recognized national parties and more than 40 regional parties. The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), whose policies are considered to be central-right or conservative, has a government at the center headed by Mr. Narendra Modi.
India is a union of states. It has 28 states and 08 union territories. These states and union territories are further divided into districts and other areas.
States of India: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Andhra Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Odisha, Karnataka, Kerala, Gujarat, Goa, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Tripura, Nagaland, Punjab, West Benga, Bihar, Manipur, Madhya Pradesh, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh.
Union Territory: A Union Territory or Union Territory is a sub-national administrative unit of the federal administrative structure of India. The states of India have their own elected governments, but the Union Territories directly govern the Government of India. The President of India nominates a Government Administrator or Lieutenant Governor of each Union Territory. Currently, there are seven union territories in the country.
The country’s capital and Puducherry have been given partial state status. Delhi has been redefined as the National Capital Territory. Both Delhi and Puducherry have their own elected Legislative Assembly, Cabinet and Executive, but their powers are limited – some of their laws can only apply when the President of India receives “consideration and approval”. Apart from this, Jammu and Kashmir have been done in two parts in the year 2020, one in Ladakh and one is Jammu Kashmir.
Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Chandigarh, Daman and Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Delhi (National Capital Region), Puducherry, Lakshadweep, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh
India General Knowledge 2021: Here you can find various topics of India General Knowledge like List of Prime Ministers of India, List of Indian Presidents, Current Chief Ministers and Governors of Indian States, List of Chief Justices in Supreme Court, List of High Courts of India, India List of latest Who’s Who, etc. Apart from this, you can get information about the history, geography, awards, and honors of ancient India, Indian economics, Indian politics, famous people of India, Indian books and authors, and major important events of India, which are very beneficial for all types of competitive exams.
Related Search Terms: Important India Topics, India General Knowledge, India Interesting GK, India Objective Quiz, India Study materials for Competitive Exams
- Alphabet Verbal Reasoning Quiz (Set 2)
- Abjure Meaning in Hindi, Synonyms, Antonyms
- Ranjana Kumar Biography and Interesting Facts
- Jest Meaning in Hindi, Synonyms, Antonyms
- Nicaragua History, Geography, Economy and Important Events
- 1990 in History – What happened in year 1990
- Facetious Meaning in Hindi, Synonyms, Antonyms
- China History, Geography, Economy and Important Events
- Boast Meaning in Hindi, Synonyms, Antonyms
- Aversion Meaning in Hindi, Synonyms, Antonyms
- October 19 in History – What happened on 19 October in Past
- Lalmohan Ghosh Biography and Interesting Facts
- October 18 in History – What happened on 18 October in Past
- October 17 in History – What happened on 17 October in Past
- October 16 in History – What happened on 16 October in Past
- Abdul Kalam Biography and Interesting Facts
- Bhanu Athaiya Biography and Interesting Facts
- Mira Nair Biography and Interesting Facts
- October 15 in History – What happened on 15 October in Past
- Raziya Sultan Biography and Interesting Facts
- No categories