Orchha Fort Complex Quick Facts
|Orchha, Tikamgarh District, Madhya Pradesh (India)
|Raja Rudra Pratap Singh
Orchha Fort Complex Overview
Madhya Pradesh, which is called the heart of India, is famous all over the world for its natural beauty, historical monuments, beautiful mountains, and forts. Orchha Fort, located in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh, is one of the most beautiful and grand forts in India, which is famous not only for its artwork but also for its serene atmosphere all over the world.
Orchha Fort Complex History
Grand Fort was built in the year 1501 AD by King Rudra Pratap Singh. Both the building and the temple are present inside this fort. The Raj Mahal and Ram Mandir located inside this fort were established by Raja Madhukar Singh, who ruled here from the year 1554 to 1591.
Orchha Fort Complex Interesting Facts
- This popular fort was built in the year 1501 AD by the famous ruler of Orchha, Raja Rudra Pratap Singh.
- This fort is located at a place called Orchha in Tikamgarh district of Madhya Pradesh, one of the most beautiful states of India.
- The complex of this fort is situated within an island formed by the confluence of the Betwa River and the Jamni River. To the east of this fort is situated the market, in which a 14-arch bridge built of granite stones is situated.
- Fort is located in a city called Orchha, which is about 80 km away from Tikamgarh city. And the distance of Jhansi from it is only 15 kms. Is.
- The Raja Mahal, located inside this fort, was built around the beginning of the 16th century, but this palace was abandoned by the king and queens by 1783 AD.
- The architectural style of the Raja Mahal located in this fort is based on the ancient architectural style of Orchha, due to which it looks very simple to learn, the walls of this palace have been made with pictures of gods and goddesses, mythical animals and people.
- Raja Mahal has been constructed in such a way that it looks very attractive in appearance, on its inner walls the idols of Lord Vishnu have been made. There have also been claims of having many secret passages in this palace.
- Situated in the premises of this fort, the Sheesh Mahal is connected to the other two forts, it was the site of a royal residence which was built for Raja Udet Singh.
- Inside the Sheesh Mahal, there is a high and carved one-ceilinged hall, this palace has been converted into a hotel at present, in which thousands of Selani come here to stay.
- The most famous Jahangir Mahal of this fort was built in the year 1605 AD by Bir Singh Deo for the Mughal Emperor Jahangir, who came as a guest of the king for only 1 night.
- Jahangir Mahal was built in the Muslim and Rajput architectural style, which is a square structure, in which 8 large domes have also been made.
- Jahangir Mahal is two floors, with arched rooms, theatre, lattice windows, paintings, and a small archaeological museum.
- The most beautiful place of this fort is its flower garden which is a very well maintained garden, which has a line of water fountains which ends in the "Mahal-Pavilion", which also has 08 pillars.