Prem Mandir Vrindavan Quick Facts
|Vrindavan, Mathura Uttar Pradesh (India)
|17 February 2012
|Radha and Krishna
Prem Mandir Vrindavan Overview
Prem Mandir is a famous Hindu temple located in Vrindavan near Mathura district in the largest Indian state of Uttar Pradesh (by population). Dedicated to Lord Krishna and Radha, this temple has been built by Jagadguru Kripalu Maharaj. This temple is the most unique among other temples built in Vrindavan, to see which thousands of devotees come to Mathura every day. This temple is a specimen of the renaissance of ancient Indian architecture. Vrindavan is one of the main religious places of North India.
Prem Mandir Vrindavan History
This magnificent Temple located in Vrindavan was built by the famous Hindu spiritual master Kripaluji Maharaj. Kripaluji Maharaj had laid the foundation stone of this temple on 14 January 2001 and it was completely completed on 17 February 2012.
Prem Mandir Vrindavan Interesting Facts
- This magnificent temple located in Mathura is built in about 54 acres and its height is 125 feet, 122 feet in length and 115 feet in width.
- Italian Carrara marble has been used in the construction of this temple. The fine carvings on the white marble walls add to the beauty of the temple.
- It took 11 years to build this temple and its total construction cost is about 100 crores.
- This magnificent temple has been prepared by about 1000 craftsmen from Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh together.
- On the lower floor of the temple there is a temple of Radha-Krishna, while on the first floor there is a temple of Sita Ram.
- Its main entrances have eight peacock-carved torans and the outer walls of the temple depict the pastimes of Lord Krishna and Radha.
- The thickness of the wall of its sanctum is 8 feet, on which a huge shikhara, a golden kalash and a flag are placed.
- There are total 94 pillars in the temple which are decorated with various pastimes of Radha-Krishna. This temple embodies divine love through architecture.
- In the outer and inner part of the sanctum sanctorum of the temple, exquisite mosaic and carvings of ancient Indian architecture have been done and Radha Govind Geet has been written in simple language on marble stones.
- There is also a tableau of Govardhan Parvat in the temple building, which seems to be alive.
- The Fountains in the temple, the beautiful tableaux of Radha-Krishna, Shri Govardhan Leela, Kaliya Nag Daman Leela, Jhulan Leela are decorated amidst the gardens.
- The opening time of this temple is from 5.30 am to 8.30 pm.
- People of all religions are allowed to enter the temple and the entry is completely free for all the people.
- The beauty of Prem Mandir is created at night, during the night the entire temple complex is lit up with lighting. At the same time, a fountain show of about half an hour is also organized every evening.