What is Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maandhan Yojana?
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched a pension scheme for farmers in Jharkhand. The name of this scheme is "Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maandhan Yojana". The farmers who register under this scheme will be given the benefit of pension of Rs 3000 per month. According to the Union Agriculture Ministry, so far 8.36 lakh farmers have got registered under the scheme. The registration for this scheme started from 9th August. The Central Government has made a provision of Rs 10,774 crore for the next three years of Kisan Maandhan Yojana. The benefit of the scheme will be available to all small and marginal farmers. Before this scheme, the Modi government had started PM Kisan Yojana.
Purpose of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maandhan Yojana?
The scheme launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi aims to double the income of farmers in five years. Also, under this scheme, this scheme has been started to provide social security to the farmers having small and marginal agricultural land holdings in the country. And when people come to old age, they have to be given financial assistance in that situation, so that they can lead a healthy life.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maandhan Yojana:
- The farmers involved in this scheme will get a monthly pension of Rs 3,000 on completion of 60 years of age.
- In the event of the death of the farmer, his wife will get a monthly pension of Rs 1,500.
- The entire contribution amount will be returned by the farmer to the pension fund manager Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) along with interest as per the savings bank rates.
- The farmers who are beneficiaries of PM-Kisan scheme will have the option to contribute directly towards the insurance scheme from the amount received from that scheme.
- In case of non-payment of regular contribution, the beneficiaries will be allowed to regularize their contribution by paying the outstanding amount along with the prescribed rate of interest.
- In the event of the death of the farmer, there is no husband and wife, then in such a case the total contribution along with interest will be given to the nominee.
- In case of death of the farmer before the date of retirement, the husband and wife will get 50 percent of the contribution as family pension i.e. Rs. 1500. will be entitled to report every month.
Rules of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maandhan Yojana:
- Those who have cultivable land up to 2 hectares and small and marginal farmers, only they will be the beneficiaries under this scheme.
- Under the scheme, they will have to make a monthly contribution of Rs 55 to Rs 200 for a minimum of 20 years and a maximum of 42 years.
- To take advantage of the scheme, the farmer has to get himself registered by visiting the Common Service Center (CSC).
- For registration, 2 photographs and bank passbook will also be required.
- Aadhar card and Khasra-Khatauni copy will have to be carried during registration.
- The farmer will not have to pay any separate fee during the registration.
- During the registration, the farmer's pension unique number and pension card will be generated.
- It is necessary to have a citizenship certificate during registration.
- This scheme is sponsored by the central government. Therefore, farmers should be citizens of the country.