Hari Mountain Fort Quick Facts
|Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir (India)
|Afghan governor Muhammad Khan
|Jalal-ud-din Muhammad Akbar
|Jammu and Kashmir Archaeological Department
Hari Mountain Fort Overview
Hari Parvat Fort is located in Srinagar, the capital of the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir. Hari Parvat Fort is an iconic site, which can be easily seen from the top of Sharda Hill in Srinagar. This fort was built by Afghan governor Muhammad Khan. in the 18th century. But some parts of the fort were also built by the Mughal emperor Akbar. Therefore, Mughal architecture can also be seen here.
Hari Mountain Fort History
The Hari Parbat Fort was built by an Afghan governor Muhammad Khan in the 18th century, after which parts of the fort were built by the Mughal emperor Akbar in 1590 AD. In which the construction of the boundary wall of the fort was also included. Earlier this fort was open from all sides, but according to many Mythological experts, there used to be a lake at the place of the fort.
Hari Mountain Fort Interesting Facts
- This historical fort is built on the west side of Dal Lake. In fact, it is a small hill named Hari Parvat, on the name of this hill the Mughals named the fort as Hari Parvat Fort.
- Fort is currently a historical heritage under the Archaeological Department of Jammu and Kashmir.
- To maintain the beauty of the fort and to protect the fort, the Archaeological Department of Jammu and Kashmir has taken important steps. For which permission has to be taken from the archaeological department before going to the fort.
- The Fort is situated on a high hill, due to which the view around the fort is very beautiful and the grand temple of Sharika Devi is also visible from the fort.
- Jammu and Kashmir Tourism Minister Tassaduq Hussain Mufti had in 2018 emphasized making Hari Parvat Fort a center of attraction to attract tourists from all over the world in which he gave his opinion regarding the implementation of the sound show project.
- The fort was opened to the public in 2014, allowing guided tourists to visit the "Kalai Andher" inner walls and the "Badamveer" Badam Ka Bagh.
How to reach Hari Mountain Fort
- The Nearest railway station to the Hari Parvat Fort is Srinagar Railway Station, the fort is located 17 km away from the station.
- Apart from this, Hari Parvat Fort is located at a distance of 6.5 km from Lal Chowk in Srinagar, it is inhabited from many places.
- The Nearest Airport to the fort is Sheikh Ul Alam International Airport. The nearest distance from it to the fort is 17 km. This airport is located in Srinagar, the capital of Jammu and Kashmir.