What is Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushal Yojana (DDU-GKY)?
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushal Yojana was launched by Union Ministers Shri Nitin Gadkari and Shri Venkaiah Naidu on the occasion of 98th birthday of Bharatiya Jana Sangh chief Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay on 25 September 2014.
Objective of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushal Yojana?
The main objective of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushal Yojana is to help people in the age group of 15 to 35 years to get employment. Under this scheme, the poor are to be provided with world-class training, funding, employment, as well as to make them sustainable, to improve their livelihood and to provide opportunities for providing employment abroad. According to the 2011 census, there are 5.5 million potential workers between the ages of 15 and 35 in rural India. At present, the world may face a shortage of 57 lakh workers by the year 2020. In the modern market, the rural poor of India do not have to face many challenges like lack of formal education and skills according to the market etc. This scheme is a part of the National Rural Livelihoods Scheme.
Important facts related to Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY)?
Some important facts related to Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) are shown in the following list:-
|Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana
|Scheme launch date
|25 September 2014
|Who started the scheme
|Union Ministers Nitin Gadkari and Venkaiah Naidu
|Earlier plans of this kind
|National Rural Livelihood Scheme
|Ministry of Rural Development
Features (Benefits) of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY)
The features of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) are as follows:-
- To enable the poor and marginalized people to make use of this benefit.
- To provide free of cost skill training to rural poor people.
- Designing an inclusive program.
- Socially disadvantaged groups (SC/ST 50%, minority 15%, women 33%) must be included.
- Emphasis in training for career advancement.
- To take measures to encourage permanent employment, progress in business and for placements abroad.
- To provide maximum assistance to already placed candidates.
- Post placement support, migration support and creation of alumni network.
- Taking a proactive approach to building placement partnerships.
- Guaranteeing employment to at least 75% of the educated candidates.
- Capacity building of implementation partners.
- To prepare new agencies for imparting training for their skill development.
- Focus on area like projects for poor rural youth in J&K, North-East regions and 27 (LWE) more districts etc.
- All program activities will be based on standard operating procedure and will not be opened for clarification by any local inspector. All inspections will be supported by geo-spatial evidence, video/pictures with timing details.
Implementation of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushal Yojana (Model):
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushal Yojana follows a three-tier implementation (model) format. DDU-GKY National Unit of Ministry of Rural Development works as a policy maker, technical assistant and facilitation agency. The State Mission of DDU-GKY provides implementation support and implements the program through employment projects.
Project Financing Support (Funding Support):
- Funding support is provided through DDU-GKY for employment linked skilling projects, addressing the market demand with funding support ranging from Rs.25,696 to Rs.1 lakh per capita, depending on the duration of the project. and is based on residential or non-residential project.
- Training projects of duration ranging from 576 hours (three months) to 2304 hours (twelve months) are financed through DDU-GKY.
- Funding support components include providing support for training costs, food and lodging, transportation costs, post-employment support costs, livelihood upgrades, and permanent employment support.
Priority to Project Implementing Agencies (PIAs) in Project Financing:
Captive employment: Project implementation agencies or organizations that provide skill training to meet existing human resource requirements.
Industrial Training: Providing support for various trainings with co-funding from the industry.
Leading Employers: Project Implementation Agencies that assure skill training and placement of at least 10,000 DDU-GKY trainees over a period of 2 years.
Educational Institutions of High Reputation: Institutions with a minimum grading of 3.5 from the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) or Community Colleges funded by the University Grants Commission/All India Council for Technical Education and undertaking DDU-GKY projects be willing to.
- Funded through Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushal Yojana (DDU-GKY) for several skill training programs in more than 250 trades like Retail, Hospitality, Health, Construction, Automation, Leather, Electricity, Plumbing, Gem & Jewelery etc. goes.
- The mandate is to impart skill training only on demand-based and employing at least 75% of the trainees.
- India's Largest Cable Bridge Inaugurated
- Chief Minister Vishwakarma Pension Scheme 2024 launched in Rajasthan
- Dubai launches world's first air taxi service at World Government Summit 2024
- White Paper on Indian Economy
- World Book Fair 2024 Organized