Information about Fit India Campaign:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the 'Fit India Campaign' at the Indira Gandhi Stadium in Delhi. It has been launched on the occasion of Sports Day. Sports Day is celebrated every year on 29 August and this year in 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi after launching the campaign said that on this day we had met great sportspersons in the form of Major Dhyan Chand, today the country is bowing to him. Through the Fit India Movement, an important step has been taken in the direction of Healthy India.
Brief Description of Fit India Campaign
|Fit India Movement
|To encourage people to be healthy and active
|Campaign launch date
|29 August 2019
|Launch of campaign program
|Indira Gandhi Stadium (New Delhi)
|Who started the campaign
|Shri Narendra Damodar Das Modi
|Youth concerns and ministry of sports
Important facts about Fit India campaign:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the nationwide Fit India Movement at a special function in New Delhi. The objective of the campaign is to encourage people to do physical activity and sports in their daily lives.
- Fit India campaign has been started on the occasion of Sports Day. And Sports Day is celebrated every year as the birth anniversary of hockey wizard Major Dhyan Chand.
- Under this campaign, a 15-day fitness plan will also be prepared in every school and university. Apart from this, the plan will also be uploaded on its portal or website.
- A committee was constituted by the government on the Fit India Movement. This includes the Olympic Association (IOA), National Sports Federation (NSF), government officials, private bodies and eminent fitness personalities.
- A 28-member committee has been constituted for the Fit India campaign, with Sports Minister Kiren Rijiju as its chairman.
- Many ministries of the central government will work together to make this campaign a success. These are the Ministry of Sports, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Ministry of Panchayati Raj and Rural Development. Everyone will prepare the program outline at their own level.
- According to Sports and Youth Affairs, the nationwide launch of the nationwide movement will incorporate physical activities and sports into the daily lives of citizens, to improve their physical fitness and well-being.
- PM Modi launched the "Fitness Logo" during the campaign. Additionally, he will begin a "fitness pledge" that reads, "I promise myself that I will dedicate time every day to physical activity and sports and encourage my family members and neighbors to be physically fit and healthy." Will encourage India to become a fit nation."
- Kuldeep Handu, Srinagar-born wushu coach and the first Dronacharya awardee from the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, has been appointed as the ambassador of the Fit India Movement. He has won 6 gold medals at the national level and 11 at the international level, he is the current Wushu coach of Team India. Athletes under his guidance have won two World Championships and one World Cup gold medal. He is also serving as Police Inspector in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Chief Minister Vishwakarma Pension Scheme 2024 launched in Rajasthan
- Dubai launches world's first air taxi service at World Government Summit 2024
- White Paper on Indian Economy
- World Book Fair 2024 Organized
- Rajya Sabha passed three important bills for Jammu and Kashmir