Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train
IRCTC has launched 'Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train' under 'Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat' scheme. In this, passengers will be taken to most of the pilgrimage sites in India. Bharat Gaurav Train is a deluxe AC train in which you will get Indian food. This special train has 4 First AC coaches and 3 Second AC coaches.
This train operated from Delhi Safdarjung Railway Station on 21st March, 2023. The 15-day train will cover Guwahati, Sivasagar, Farakting and Kaziranga in Assam, Unakoti, Agartala and Udaipur in Tripura, Dimapur and Kohima in Nagaland and Shillong and Cherrapunjee in Meghalaya.
IRCTC’s Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train has a mixed composition of Sleeper (Non AC), AC III tier and AC II tier coaches. The exterior of these trains showcase popular Indian monuments, sculptures, landmarks, and dance forms etc which are an integral part of the country’s pride. These trains have a total capacity of around 600 - 700 seats and are fitted with infotainment systematic and CCTV cameras in common areas along with unarmed security in each coach. The trains have a well equipped pantry car for preparing fresh meals onboard based on regional cuisines served at the respective passenger seats.
Places to visit by bharat gaurav train
- Sunset of the Brahmaputra River at Kamakhya Temple, Umananda Temple, Guwahati
Itanagar tourist places
- Sivasagar Tourism, Ahom Kingdom, Talatal Ghar, Rang Ghar and Shiv Dol in Sivasagar
- Tea Garden in Kaziranga
- Stone and rock sculptures in Unakoti, dense forest sightseeing Jampui Hills
- Ujjayanta Palace in Agartala, Udaipur, Tripura Sundarai Temple
- Khonama Village in Dimapur Kohima
- Umiam Lake, a local sightseeing spot in Shillong
- East Kasi Hills, Shillong Peak, Elephant Falls, Navkhalikai Falls and Mavsai Caves in Cherrapunji
Bharat Gaurav Train Fare
This tour package has been started with triple sharing of Rs 1,04,390. While the package price for single and double sharing is Rs 1,25,090 and Rs 1,06,990. This train is being run under the Bharat Gaurav Tourist Scheme.