Union Minister launched AI Chatbot for PM-KISAN Scheme
Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Shri Kailash Choudhary launched AI Chatbot for PM-KISAN Scheme. On this occasion, Secretary of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare Department Manoj Ahuja and other officials were present. This is the first AI Chatbot integrated with the flagship scheme of the Central Government. AI chatbot is an important step towards increasing the efficiency and reach of PM-Kisan scheme. It will also provide farmers with quick, clear and accurate answers to their queries. Through this initiative, the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare aims to provide uninterrupted assistance and support to farmers across the country.
The introduction of AI Chatbot in the PM-Kisan Grievance Management System aims to empower farmers with a user-friendly and accessible platform. In its first phase of development, the AI chatbot will help farmers get information about their application status, payment details, ineligibility status and other scheme-related updates.
Benefits of AI Chatbot:-
- The AI chatbot acts as a comprehensive guide to the beneficiaries, providing them timely and accurate answers to their queries related to the scheme.
- The AI Chatbot in its first phase of development will help farmers get their application status, payment details, ineligibility status and other scheme-related updates.
- The launch of AI Chatbot is an important step towards increasing the efficiency and reach of PM-KISAN scheme and providing farmers with quick, clear and accurate answers to their queries.
- Catering to the linguistic and regional diversity of PM-Kisan beneficiaries, AI Chatbot has been integrated with Bhashini in the PM-Kisan mobile app.
- Currently the chatbot is available in six languages. Which includes English, Hindi, Bengali, Oriya and Tamil. Soon it will be available in 22 languages of the country.
When was the Prime Minister Kisan Samman Nidhi started?
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) is a central sector scheme launched in February 2019 to assist the financial needs of land-holding farmers in India. The scheme provides an annual financial benefit of Rs 6,000 in three equal installments to eligible farmer families through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode. Rs 2.61 lakh crore has been distributed to more than 11 crore farmers since its inception, making it one of the largest DBT schemes globally.