To any competitive exam preparation, reading and learning current affairs is one of the important classes. Exam candidates like UPSC, Bank, SSC, RRB, or any government (government) demand that what is happening in India and around the world. Current Affairs is an integral part of the General Awareness section of these exams.
Here we will provide you various sections in which India (National) and World (International) present various fields of Current Affairs like Appointment, Resignation, Sports and Players, Politics, Awards and Honors, Important Day, Death, Reports, Business, Planning, Politics, Providing current affairs in major parts of Education, book, and author, economy, Accident, Science, Technology, Geography, Records, Compromise, Conference, and Entertainment, etc.
Agreements Current Affairs January 2021
- The Indian Navy has signed a contract with Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) for the purchase of Light Amplification through rapid induction of Radiation Dazzlers (Stimulated Emission of Radiation Dazzlers). Initially, the agreement has been signed for 20 Laser Dazzlers. The laser deseler technology has been developed by the Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and will be manufactured by the BEL, Pune plant. This is the first time this unique product has been indigenously designed and developed for the armed forces.
- The Indian Army has entered into a contract with Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL) for the purchase of 12 fast patrol boats for monitoring and patrolling vast waterfields, including high altitude areas such as the Pangong Tso Lake in Ladakh. Pengong Lake or Pengong Tso is located in the Indo-China border region in Ladakh. It is 134 kilometers long, situated at an altitude of 4350 meters and extends from Ladakh to Tibet. An area of 45 km of this lake is located in India while 90 km area lies in China. The Line of Actual Control passes through the middle of this lake. At present, Pangong Lake is still frozen due to the harsh winter and the situation will be similar here for 3-4 months, the army has planned that when the lake melts in summer, deploy about two dozen such boats for patrolling here. will be given.
- Bharat Biotech has signed an agreement with Precisa Medicamentos for the supply of India-made Kovid-19 vaccine 'Covaxin' to Brazil. The supply of covaxin through direct procurement by the Brazilian government will be preferred for the public market.
Appointments Current Affairs January 2021
- Soma Mandal has taken over as the new Chairman of Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) on 01 January 2021. She is the first female head of this body to hold the post of president. She will replace Anil Kumar Chaudhary, who retired on 31 December 2020. He joined SAIL in 2017 as Director (Commercial).
- The Appointments Committee of the Union Cabinet has approved the appointment of Sunit Sharma as Chairman and CEO of the Railway Board as ex-officio Principal Secretary in the Ministry of Railways. After the approval of the Cabinet, he has assumed his new office from 01 January 2021. Sharma has replaced Vinod Kumar Yadav, who works in this post. Who was also the first CEO of the reorganization board, whose extended one-year term expires on December 31, 2020. Sunit Sharma worked as a General Manager in Eastern Railway before being appointed to this post.
- Justice Pankaj Mithal has been appointed as the new Chief Justice of the Common High Court of Union Territories of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh on 04 January 2021. Recently, Chief Justice Mithal has been appointed after the retirement of Chief Justice Geeta Mittal. Chief Justice Mithal was administered the oath of office by Lt. Governor of Jammu and Kashmir, Manoj Sinha.
- Sanjay Kapoor was elected the new president of the All India Chess Federation, while Bharat Singh Chauhan is working to retain his secretary position. Kapoor, representing the Uttar Pradesh Chess Association, defeated PR Venkataram Raja in close voting. Kapoor got 33 votes against Raja's 31 votes. Chauhan defeated Ravindra Dongre 35-29. Apart from the post of Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer, six Vice Presidents and six Joint Secretaries were also elected.
- Lieutenant General Shantanu Dayal has been elected the new Deputy Chief of Army Staff (DCOAS). Lieutenant General Dayal is the commander of the 4 Corps based at Tezpur. He will replace Lieutenant General SS Hasbani, who retired on 31 December. The Indian Army has recently undergone major reshuffle at various other posts including Army Headquarters and Corps Commanders, Administrative and Training Institutes.
- Google Cloud has announced to make Karan Bajwa its new head for Asia Pacific. Currently, Bajwa is leading the Google Cloud in India. He will lead all of Google Cloud's regional revenue and go-to-market operations, including the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Google Workplace. He replaces Rick Harshman, who leaves the organization when most new opportunities arise.
- Arup Kumar Goswami was sworn in as Chief Justice of Andhra Pradesh High Court by Governor Biswa Bhushan Harichandan in the presence of Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Jagan Mohan Reddy. Justice Goswami was transferred a few days ago from the Sikkim High Court. He also took J.K. Maheshwari has been appointed as the Chief Justice of the Sikkim High Court.
- The senior-most judge of the Delhi High Court, Justice Hema Kohli, has been appointed as the new Chief Justice of the Telangana High Court. She is the first woman to be sworn in as Chief Justice of Telangana HC.
- Former India striker Abhishek Yadav has been appointed as the first Deputy General Secretary of the All India Football Federation (AIFF) after the sports body decided to create a new post in the hierarchy. Abhishek Yadav has also played alongside Bhaichung Bhutia, Sunil Chhetri, Mahesh Gawli and Climax Lawrence, currently serving as the director of the national team since January 2018.
- Intel has appointed Pat Gelsinger as its new Chief Executive Officer (CEO) from February 15, 2021, an Intel company. Gelsinger will also join the Intel Board of Directors upon assuming office. He will replace Bob Swan, who will remain CEO until February 15. Intel was founded: July 18, 1968., Intel Headquarters: Santa Clara, California, United States. Intel founders: Gordon Moore and Robert Noyce.
- The incoming First Lady, Jill Biden, has named Indian-American Garima Verma as its digital director and Michael LaRosa's press secretary, the Biden Transition Team has announced. He served as audience development and content strategist in the Biden-Harris campaign. Prior to joining the campaign, Verma was a volunteer with the content team, Designing Graphics, for distribution to Biden-Harris volunteers across the country. Verma, who was born in India, grew up in the Central Valley of Ohio and California. She previously worked in marketing films at Entertainment Space, Paramount Pictures and the television show The Walt Disney Company's ABC Network and media agency Horizon Media.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi was appointed the new chairman of the trust of the world famous Somnath Temple in Prabhas Patan city of Gir-Somnath district, Gujarat. He is the second PM to hold this post. Earlier, as the PM, Morarji Desai has been the chairman of the trust. Narendra Modi is the second Prime Minister after him to be appointed as the President of the Temple Trust. According to the trust's records, PM Modi has become the eighth chairman of the trust. According to the record, Desai served as president between 1967 and 1995.
- Sports and Youth Affairs Minister Kiran Rijiju has been given additional charge of the Ministry of AYUSH. He will hold the position until Shripad Yesso Naik recovers. The President has directed that "this arrangement can continue till Shri Shripad Yesso Naik resumes his work related to the Ministry of AYUSH."
Awards Current Affairs January 2021
- Bhubaneswar-based All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) has once again proved its potential for promoting sanitation, health and building sustainable efforts in public health facilities by winning the Rejuvenation Award Scheme for the third time in 2021. All India Institute of Medical Sciences Bhubaneswar will receive a prize of Rs 2 crore for the performance.
Business Current Affairs January 2021
- Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal 'Nishank' and Union Women and Child Development and Textiles Minister Smriti Irani jointly launched Toykathon-2021 and Toykathon portal. Toykathon is being organized to develop India as a global toy manufacturing hub.
Economy Current Affairs January 2021
- The National Rating Agency Rating ICRA has projected to grow at a rate of 10.1% of India's real gross domestic product (GDP) in FY 2021-22 (FY2022). Last year too, the rating agency ICRA had earlier projected India's GDP to be -7.8% in the current financial year 2020-21. With the announcement of continued normalization of economic activity and the introduction of Kovid-19 vaccine, the economy is expected to grow rapidly.
Entertainment Current Affairs January 2021
- The 51st International Film Festival of India (IFFI) will celebrate by screening five classics of renowned filmmaker Satyajit Ray. The festival started in Panaji in the presence of Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar, Goa Chief Minister Pramod Sawant and Kannada film actor Sudeep at the inauguration ceremony held at the Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Stadium in Panaji. As part of the tribute, Mahotsav Ray's acclaimed "Pather Panchali", his debut film The Apu Trilogy, the 1964 romantic drama "Charulata", "Sonar Kela", his 1977 Hindi directorial debut "Chess Players" and " Ghare Byre "(1984). 12 films for the Festival Kalideoscope and 50 films for the World Panorama section were also unveiled.
Important Days Current Affairs January 2021
- West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has inaugurated the 26th Kolkata International Film Festival (KIFF). The festival will take place from 16 to 24 January 2021 for 8 days. The opening ceremony was attended by Bollywood superstar and brand ambassador of West Bengal Shah Rukh Khan from Virtuli Mumbai. The special feature of the ceremony is that the legendary 'Apur Sansar' by veteran filmmaker Satyajit Ray will be the inaugural film of this festival, in which 131 films from 45 countries will be screened till 13 January.
- Every year 12 January is celebrated as National Youth Day in India to commemorate the birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda. This day was announced by the Government of India in 1984, but it was first celebrated in 1985. The purpose of celebrating this day is to ensure that, students across the country are encouraged to learn about Swami Vivekananda's life, thoughts and philosophy and apply them in their lives.
- The ice climbing festival was celebrated for the first time in the Nubra Valley of Leh, the capital of Ladakh. The seven-day long event was organized by the Nubra Adventure Club. ce climbing is a popular winter sport abroad. To promote winter tourism in the Nubra Valley, the Nubra Adventure Club has organized a seven-day ice climbing festival with the help of social activist Dr. Norden Otzer. Trainer Riggin Tsawang said Nubra has the potential to make the ice climbing capital of the Himalayas.
- Veterans Day is celebrated by the Indian Armed Forces in the country from January 2017 to January 14 every year in honor of our brave army heroes and ex-servicemen for their selfless service and sacrifice to the nation. Initially it was called Armed Forces Veterans Day. The 5th Ex-Servicemen Day is being celebrated in the year 2021.
- The Ministry of Culture announced that on 23 January, the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose will be observed as 'Parakram Divas', which is celebrated to honor and greet Netaji's indomitable spirit and selfless service to the nation. A high level committee has been set up by the Ministry of Culture under the chairmanship of Narendra Modi to commemorate the 125th birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose earlier this month.
- The United Nations General Assembly declared 24 January as International Education Day in commemoration of the role of education for peace and development. International Education Day was celebrated for the first time on 24 January 2019 as per the resolution passed on 3 December 2018 by the United Nations General Assembly to commemorate the role of education in development.
- The nation celebrated its 72nd Republic Day with a grand military parade held at Rajpath in Delhi and an exhibition of its history, cultural diversity and strategic weapons. The day is celebrated by all citizens in the country, which has been declared as a national holiday by the Government of India. The Republic Day parade ceremony started by visiting the Prime Minister Narendra Modi National War Memorial. The national flag was hoisted after the national anthem with a 21-gun salute.
India Current Affairs January 2021
- Bajaj Auto, an Indian multinational two-wheeler and three-wheeler manufacturer, has become the world's most valuable two-wheeler company after its market capitalization crossed Rs 1 lakh crore on January 01, 2021.
- A high-level group has been formed by the central government to build a South Asia-focused energy security architecture. The high level group named South Asia Group for Energy (SAGE) will be headed by former Union Energy Secretary Ram Vinay Shahi. SAGE is established under the think tank Research and Information System for Developing Countries (RIS) of the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
- Uttar Pradesh-based Shivalik Mercantile Co-operative Bank (SMCB) has become the first urban co-operative bank (UCB) in India to obtain a license to operate Small Finance Bank (SFB) from RBI. RBI gave SMCB 18 months to start business.
- The Central Government of India has appointed former TRAI chief RS Sharma as the chairman of the Empowered Committee set up to administer the Kovid-19 vaccine. The move comes days before the mega vaccination campaign started in India. A ten-member team has been formed under the chairmanship of RS Sharma. He is also included as a member of the National Expert Group on Vaccine Administration of Kovid-19. This committee was formed in August 2020.
- The Union Budget 2021, presented in Parliament on 1 February, is going to be completely paper less due to the coronavirus epidemic. This will be the first time after India's independence when the copy of the budget will not be published. In this regard, the Center has taken permission from both houses of Parliament. This decision has been taken due to the transition to COVID-19, as this process is linked to approximately 100 employees in the process, who spend about 15 days in prison until the budget documents are printed, sealed and delivered on the budget day. Live. They are not allowed to go out or talk to anyone.
- The Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas has launched a month-long public awareness campaign called "Saksham" to spread awareness about green and clean energy. At the core of the conservation capacity festival - Saksham - is to connect the people of the country with environmental protection by adopting green and alternative energy. Along with this, public awareness is also part of this campaign to emphasize on achieving the best results with the least use of conventional energy tools, so that the public should use them with caution. The campaign will spread awareness about seven major 7 carriers, which Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently mentioned.
- Flight Lieutenant Bhawana Kant will become the first female fighter pilot to participate in the Republic Day Parade. She will be part of the Indian Air Force tableau in the Republic Day Parade of 2021, which will showcase mock-ups of light combat helicopters, light combat aircraft and Sukhoi-30 fighter aircraft.
- One of the oldest trains in India, Howrah-Kalka Mail has been renamed as 'Netaji Express'. Indian Railways has changed the name of the train a few days before the 23 January, the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose. The Howrah-Kalka Mail was started in the 19th century as one of the earliest commercial passenger train services in India.
- The Indian Army is going to conduct a large-scale joint military exercise of armor in the Andaman Sea and the Bay of Bengal. The joint military exercise armor will include the Indian Navy, the Indian Army, the Indian Air Force and the Indian Coast Guard. This practice is to be done under the auspices of the Andaman and Nicobar Command.
Obituaries Current Affairs January 2021
- Turlapati Kutumba Rao was a veteran journalist and speaker (public speaker) on 12 January 2021, Turlapati Rao passed away. He is noted for his service to journalism in Telugu language. He has written more than 4000 autobiographies and has also given more than 16000 public speeches which have been recorded as world records by the Telugu Book of Records.
- Former Union Minister and noted industrialist Kamal Morarka has passed away. He served as Minister of State during the tenure of Prime Minister Chandra Shekhar from 1990 to 1991. The 74-year-old leader, a businessman who was also the former vice president of BCCI.
Reports Current Affairs January 2021
- According to a report by the Munich-based Ifo Institute, China has become the world's largest current account surplus, the biggest savings in current accounts, in the year 2020, surpassing Germany. This data reflects a major tectonic shift in world trade, which has boosted Chinese exports due to the increasing demand for medical safety devices and electronic equipment worldwide due to the coronovirus crisis. China's current accounts surplus has more than doubled to $ 310 billion in the year 2020, while Germany's current accounts surplus has decreased for the fifth consecutive time to $ 261 billion in 2020.
Sports Current Affairs January 2021
- 14-year-old Leon Mendonca of Goa has become India's 67th Chess Grandmaster by winning the third and last norm in a tournament held in Italy. Mendonca, who achieved this feat at the age of 14 years, 9 months and 17 days, is the second grandmaster from the coastal state. Before him, Chennai player G. Akash became the 66th Grandmaster of the country in July. He also became the 29th youngest grandmaster in the world. The first Grandmaster of Goa is Ivana Maria Furtado, who achieved this feat in 2011.
- The Tibet Border Police of India (ITBP) has won the 10th National Ice Hockey Championship of the Ice Hockey Association of India (IHAI). Ladakh is considered the capital of ice hockey in India, where local men and women play the sport with great enthusiasm. The competition was held at Gulmarg Ice Rink.
Technology Current Affairs January 2021
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the inaugural session of the National Metrology Conclave through video conferencing on 04 January 2021. The National Metrology Conclave 2021 was organized by the National Physical Laboratory for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR-NPL), New Delhi to mark the 75th year of its establishment.
- India's Union Minister of Defense, Rajnath Singh unveiled India's first 'driverless metro car' on 15 January 2021 during a ceremony held at the Bangalore Complex of Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEM) L. State-of-the-art driverless metro trains designed and developed indigenously for the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) are being constructed at the BEML Bengaluru manufacturing facility.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi flagged off eight trains connecting the Statue of Unity in Kevadia, Gujarat with various regions of the country through video conferencing. PM Modi said that this was the first time in history that many trains from different places were left for the same destination. Varanasi, the eight trains introduced, connect Kevadia to these cities: Dadar, Ahmedabad, Hazrat Nizamuddin, Rewa, Chennai, and Pratapnagar.
World Current Affairs January 2021
- President Donald Trump was historically impeached for the second time on January 13 by the US House, accusing him of "inciting rebellion" over the deadly siege of the Capitol crowd in a swift and eccentric collapse in his last days in office. I went. Which was passed in the House by 232 votes against 197. Ten Republicans MPs supported the impeachment motion. He was first impeached on his Ukraine deal in 2019.
- Joe Biden became the 46th President of the US after being sworn in. Also, Kamala Harris of Indian origin was sworn in as the first female Vice President of the US. Joe Biden is the oldest president in American history and the second Roman Catholic president to become president at the age of 78.