Aadi Mahotsav 2023
PM Modi inaugurated 'Aadi Mahotsav 2023' at Major Dhyanchand National Stadium in Delhi. Tribal culture, crafts, cuisine, commerce and traditional arts are being showcased in this event. It is an annual initiative of the Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Limited under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
Main Point :-
- This year Aadi Mahotsav is being organized from 16 to 27 February.
- The event will showcase the rich and diverse heritage of tribal communities across the country.
- More than 200 stalls will be set up at the venue.
- Around 1000 tribal artisans and artists from 28 states will participate in the 11-day Aadi Mahotsav fair.
- Along with the usual attractions like handicrafts, handlooms, pottery, jewelery etc., the festival will have a special focus on showcasing Sri Anna grown by the tribals.
- The festival features tribal chefs from 19 States/UTs for whom 20 food stalls are being set up.
- Around 39 Van Dhan Vikas Kendras from 17 States/UTs are expected to participate in the Mahotsav.
- The performances from different states during the event will showcase the rich tribal cultural diversity.