Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus Railway Quick Facts
|Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra (India)|
|Build in||1878-1888 AD|
|Built by||British Empire|
|Architectural style||Neo-Gothic style|
|Architect||Frederick William Stevens, Axel Haig|
|Type||Railway Station, Historical Monument|
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus Railway Overview
Mumbai, the capital of the Indian state of Maharashtra, is also known as the economic capital of the country, which is also the largest Metropolis in India. 'Mayanagari' Mumbai is famous worldwide for its film Atmosphere and Historical monuments. Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus, located in Mumbai, is a unique example of Indian and European Architectural, due to its carving and historical importance, it has been declared a World Heritage Site protected by UNESCO.
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus Railway History
St. Cathedral, built in Goa, is the largest and attractive church in the state. This grand memorial was constructed by Roman Catholics during the Portuguese rule (1619 mid -1619) in the 16th century. In this grand church, an attempt has been made to create the episodes of St. Francis through various paintings. The beauty of this church captivates the tourists who come here.
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus Railway Interesting Facts
- The St. Cathedral of Goa is the largest church in India.
- This historical monument is dedicated to Catherine of Alexandria, on whose feast day Alfonso Albuquerque took possession of the city of Goa by defeating a Muslim army in 1510.
- This church is also called St. Catharine's Cathedral and is bigger than any church built during Portuguese rule.
- Built-in the 16th century, this grand church took about 57 years to build.
- The length of this attractive building is 250 feet, the width is 181 feet and the height is 115 feet.
- This grand monument has been built in Portuguese-Gothic style with a Tuscan exterior and Corinthian interiors.
- The interior of this church is adorned with artistic saint five bells.
- This huge church was established by the Portuguese viceroy Redondo, in such a way as to have wealth, power, and fame, and which could occupy the sea from the Atlantic to the Pacific Ocean.
- The pillar house of the cathedral houses the famous bell, considered the largest in Goa and one of the best in the world, often referred to as the "golden bell" for its scintillating sound.
- A large gold-plated altar plate is also installed in the main shrine of this building.
- Dedicated to St. Catherine, the cathedral has six main panels depicting scenes from her life.
- The letters of the baptism during the year 1532 are also inscribed in the room on the left side of the monument.
- St. Cathedral Church in Goa is the largest church in Asia.
- Thousands and millions of people from all over the world come to see this beautiful monument built in Goa and this church is considered a very famous religious place by people of all religions.
- Apart from beautiful beaches, Goa also has popular tourist places like Amboli, Sawantwadi, Chorla Ghat, Chapoli Dam, Church of St. Monica, Mahalaxmi Temple, and Arvalem Caves or Pandava Caves, Arvalem Waterfall, Chapel of St. Anthony and Aguada Fort.