The continent of Europe is one of the 7 continents of the world. The area of the continent of Europe is 1,04,98,000 square kilometres. Europe is well connected to the continent of Asia. Europe is divided from Asia by the watersheds of the Ural Mountains to the east, such as the Ural River, the Caspian Sea, the Caucasus Mountains, and the Black Sea to the southwest. Europe is bordered by the Arctic Ocean and other water bodies to the north, the Atlantic Ocean to the west, the Mediterranean Sea to the south, and the Black Sea and its associated waterways to the southwest. Here is a list of the names of the major countries of the continent of Europe, their capitals and their currencies. Generally many questions related to this list are asked in competitive exams. If you are preparing for various competitive exams like: IAS, Teacher, UPSC, PCS, SSC, Bank, MBA and other government jobs, then you must know about the major countries of Europe, their capital and their currencies.
List of major countries, capitals and their currencies in the continent of Europe:
Important facts about the continent of Europe:
- The continent of Europe is the second smallest continent in the world in terms of surface area.
- The continent of Europe, the continent of Asia, is completely connected.
- The Caucasus Mountains separate these two continents.
- Russia is the largest country in the continent of Europe by area and population, while the Vatican City is the smallest country.
- London is the largest city on the continent of Europe.
- The highest peak of this continent is Mount Elbrus, it is in Russia.
- Europe is the third most populous continent in terms of population after Asia and Africa.
- Switzerland, located in this continent, is known for manufacturing the most beautiful watches.
- The most beautiful city in the world, Paris is located in the continent of Europe.
- Germany and France are the main iron producing countries of the continent of Europe.
- The Orient Railroad is the most important railroad in the continent of Europe.
- The world's largest palace 'Battle' is located in the continent of Europe itself.
- The world's longest tunnel 'Mount Block', which is built between France and Italy, is in this continent itself.
- The Republic of Ukraine, located in the continent of Europe, is called the world's 'grain store' or 'bread nugget'.
Now practice related questions and see what you learnt?
- Important Facts About 7 Continents of The World 🔗
- Asian Countries, Capitals and Currencies 🔗
- List of African Countries, Capitals and Currencies 🔗
- List of Islands in the World | Area Wise Islands | Places Wise Islands 🔗