Information about the 2019 G20 Osaka Summit:
The 14th G20 summit was held in Osaka, Japan. The G20 is seen as an extension of the G-7, a grouping of the world's most powerful countries. The main objective of this conference was to bring together important industrial and developing economies to discuss key issues of the world economy and to establish policy coordination between them to ensure the economic stability of the world. When the world was in recession in 2008, it was the G20 that played a central role in getting out of it. During the G-20 summit held in Osaka, Japan, PM Modi held bilateral talks with ten countries which included France, Japan, Indonesia, America and Turkey etc. Simultaneously, there was a meeting between the leaders of Brazil, Russia, India, China. And South Africa, Russia, China, India and the G20 summit was the first to be held in Japan.
List of all the members who attended the G20 Osaka Summit 2019:
|Names of members
|Prime Minister (Host)
|Foreign Affairs Secretary
|Mohammed bin Salman
|Recep Tayyip Erdoa
|President of the European
|Council European Union
|President of the European Commission
|Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
|President of the African Union
|President of NEPAD
|Lee Hsien Loong
|Prime Minister, ASEAN President
|Nguyen Xuan Phuc
International Organization Guests:
- Takehiko Nakao is the ninth president of the Asian Development Bank.
- Randall Quarles has been a member and vice chairman of overseeing the Federal Reserve Board of Governors since October 2017.
- Christine Lagarde, Chairman and Managing Director (MD) of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) since 2011
- Guy Ryder is the tenth and current Director General of the International Labor Organization (ILO).
- José ngel Gurría has been Secretary General of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) since 1 June 2006.
- Antonio Guterres was the ninth Secretary-General of the United Nations and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees between 2005 and 2015.
- David Robert Mallagh is an American economic analyst and the President of the World Bank Group since 2019.
- Tedros Adhanom Director General of the World Health Organization since 2017.
- Roberto Azevedo is the current Director General of the World Trade Organization.
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO): History, Objectives and Other Member Countries 🔗
- List of All Non Aligned Movement Summit from 1961 to 2023 🔗