World's major ocean troughs and their locations
What is ocean trough?
Ocean trenches are the lowest part of the ocean basin and their bottoms meet well below the mean ocean floor. Their status is not found everywhere (everywhere) and is found scattered everywhere. In fact, these are areas of long, thin and deep depression with steep slopes located on the ocean floor. Their origin is believed to be the result of the crust folding and faulting of the Earth's crust in the ocean floor. That is, they have originated from Tectonics verbs. Note: Whenever the tension in the plates increases, or the pressure on the rocks from both sides is beyond their tolerance, then the rocks get displaced or break due to their impact. The rocks on one side go down or up compared to the rocks on the other side. This is called the fault.
Major Ocean Troughs of the World:
Mariana Trench:In the Pacific Ocean, almost a continuous series of them are found on the eastern and western sides, in which the Mariana Trench is the deepest. It is the deepest trough in the world. It is located in the west of the Philippines. Its depth is 11034 meters.
Mindanao Trench:This is a major ocean trough.Atacama Trench (Peru–Chile Trench): This is a major ocean trench.
Tonga Trench:This is a major ocean trough. The Tonga Trench is located in the South Pacific Ocean.
- The Philippines Trench:The Philippine Trench, sometimes called the Mindanao Trench, is a 1,320 km long ocean trough located in the Philippine Sea part of the western Pacific Ocean. The width of this trough is about 30 km and its deepest point (called the Galathea Depth) is about 10,540 meters (34,580 ft) below sea level. It is the third lowest point on Earth.
Tuscarora Trench:This is a major ocean trough. The Tascarora Trench is located in the North Pacific Ocean.
Puerto Rico Trench:This is a major ocean trough. The Puerto Rico Trough is located in the North Atlantic Ocean.
Romanche Trench:This is a major ocean trough. The Romeche Trough is located in the Atlantic Ocean.
Sunda Trench:The Sunda Trench, formerly called the Java Trench, is a 3,200 km long ocean trough located in the northeastern Indian Ocean. The deepest depth of this trough is 7,725 meters (25,344 ft).
Kuril Trench (Kuril–Kamchatka Trench):The Kuril Trench is located on the Sakhalin island of Russia. Its depth is 10498 meters. Sakhalin or Sakhalin, known in Japanese as Karafuto, is a large island located in the northern part of the Pacific Ocean. It is politically part of Russia's Sakhalin Oblast (province) and lies to the east of the Siberia region. It is north of the island of Hokkaido, Japan
Japan Trench:The Japan Trench is an oceanic trench part of the Pacific Ring of Fire off northeast Japan. It extends from the Kuril Islands to the northern end of the Izu Islands.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which is the deepest trough of the Atlantic Ocean? The deepest trench in the Atlantic Ocean is the Puerto Rico Trench. The depth of Milwaukee Deep located in it is about 8376 m. Is. The Atlantic Ocean is the busiest ocean in the world.
- Which is the deepest trench in the Indian Ocean? The Sunda Trench, formerly called the Java Trench, is a 3,200 km long ocean trough located in the northeastern Indian Ocean.
- Which is the deepest trough? The Mariana Trench is a major and very deep ocean trench in the world. It is located 200 kilometers (124 mi) east of the Mariana Islands in the western Pacific Ocean.
- What is the name of the deepest naturally available depression on Earth? The Mariana Trench is the deepest place on Earth. There the sea is deep from 10,898 meters to 10,916 meters, that is, a depth of about 11 kilometers.