World Alzheimers Day Quick Facts
|World Alzheimers Day ()
World Alzheimers Day Brief
World Alzheimer's Day is celebrated every year on 21 September in different countries of the world. The day is observed to spread awareness about Alzheimer's disease and dementia. The purpose of this day is not only to encourage people around the world to detect the symptoms of dementia but also to help people with dementia.
More info about World Alzheimers Day
What is Alzheimer's disease called?
Alzheimer's disease is 'amnesia'. It is named after Alois Alzheimer, who first described it. Symptoms of this disease include loss of memory, inability to make decisions, difficulty in speaking, and then due to this, serious social and family problems etc.
The risk of developing this disease increases due to high blood pressure, diabetes, modern lifestyle and multiple head injuries. There is currently no permanent cure for this disease, which usually occurs around the age of 60.
Symptoms or causes of Alzheimer's disease:
- Alzheimer's disease is a progressive brain disease. The disease begins with forgetting things and developing a low level of memory loss, as a result of which the patient has difficulty in remembering recent events. Ultimately this leads to the inability to perform daily activities, even basic necessities.
- Alzheimer's disease mostly affects elderly people. Today the population of elderly people is increasing in India. This cause is an alarm of illness.
- The exact cause of Alzheimer's disease is not yet known. Some complex problems occurring in the brain are the cause of this disease.
- There is no treatment available for Alzheimer's disease. Early diagnosis of the disease benefits in order to effectively treat the afflicted patient.
- The modalities of treatment include medicinal, psychological and various aspects of care.
- Family and social support plays an important role in the treatment of this disease.
|Event Name - Event Level
|World Coconut Day - International Day
|Teachers Day: India - National Day
|International Literacy Day - International Day
|World First Aid Day - International Day
|Hindi Day: India - National Day
|World Brotherhood and Apology Day - International Day
|Engineer Day - National Day
|World Ozone Day - International Day
|Lord Vishwakarma Jayanti - National Day
|World Peace Day - International Day
|World Alzheimers Day - International Day
|World Silent Deaf Day - International Day
|World Tourism Day - International Day
|World Heart Day - International Day