World First Aid Day Quick Facts
|World First Aid Day ()
|International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC)
World First Aid Day Brief
Every year 11th September is celebrated all over the world as International First Aid Day or World First Aid Day.
World First Aid Day History
It was First established in 2000 by the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC).
More info about World First Aid Day
What is First Aid?
The limited treatment that is done by an untrained person in case of any disease or injury is called First Aid. Its purpose is to make such arrangements in the least amount of resources so that the time taken to bring the injured person to a position of proper treatment is minimized. Therefore, first aid is a simple treatment done by trained or untrained persons with the least amount of means. Sometimes it even proves to be a life saver.
When is First Aid given?
First aid can be given in the following emergency situations – suffocation (due to drowning in water, hanging or foreign object stuck in the airway), heart failure – heart attack, bleeding, poisoning in the body Impaction, burns, heat stroke (lack of water in the body due to excessive heat), unconsciousness or coma, sprains, fractures, and animal bites.
Objectives of First Aid:
- To save the life of the injured person.
- To get out of bad condition.
- Promote the improvement of health.
Principles of First Aid:
- Check your breath and follow the ABC's.
- If there is an injury and bleeding is occurring, stop the bleeding as soon as possible.
- If the injured person is in shock, explain and console him.
- If the person is unconscious, try to bring them to their senses.
- If a bone is broken, straighten it and ease the pain.
- Take the injured person to the nearest hospital or hospital as soon as possible.
Fundamentals of First Aid:
- If the patient does not find any signs of breathing, pulse, etc., do not consider him dead until the doctor comes and tells him.
- The patient should be immediately removed from the cause of the injury.
- First treat the place where there is excessive bleeding.
- Make arrangements for pure air circulation by removing all the obstructions in the airway.
- After each incident, give heat to the patient to remove numbness. Use blankets, coats, and hot water bottles for this.
- Keep the injured in the position that is comfortable.
- If the bone is broken, do not move the place too much and try to fix it in the same way.
- If someone has eaten poison, then make arrangements to destroy the poison by his antivenom.
- As far as possible, only loosen the tight clothing on the injured body, do not try to take it off.
- When the patient has something to eat, give him tea, coffee, milk, etc. stimulating substances. Smell the smelling salt to bring you to your senses.
- The first aid should not interfere with the work of the doctor, but should act as his assistant.
|Event Name - Event Level
|World Coconut Day - International Day
|Teachers Day: India - National Day
|International Literacy Day - International Day
|World First Aid Day - International Day
|Hindi Day: India - National Day
|World Brotherhood and Apology Day - International Day
|Engineer Day - National Day
|World Ozone Day - International Day
|Lord Vishwakarma Jayanti - National Day
|World Peace Day - International Day
|World Alzheimers Day - International Day
|World Silent Deaf Day - International Day
|World Tourism Day - International Day
|World Heart Day - International Day