World Silent Deaf Day Quick Facts
|World Silent Deaf Day ()
|World Federation of the Deaf (WFD)
World Silent Deaf Day Brief
World Day of the Deaf is celebrated every year on 26 September, but currently, it is known as World Deaf Week. It is celebrated in the last week of September. The World Federation of the Deaf (WFD) started 'World Day of the Deaf' from the year 1958. On this day, along with creating awareness among the people about the social, economic, and political rights of the deaf, as well as their usefulness in society and the country.
World Silent Deaf Day Objective
The purpose of Deaf Day, which is now being celebrated as a week, is to inculcate feelings of a healthy life, self-respect, dignity, etc. in the deaf. One of its objectives is also to draw the attention of the general public and the concerned authority towards the deaf's ability, achievement, etc.
In this, the work done by the deaf is appreciated and displayed. Many organizations like schools, colleges, other organizations do the work of raising awareness about deafness among people for this. Many events are organized which are related to deaf problems etc.
More info about World Silent Deaf Day
What are the communication barriers?
Although sign language has existed for thousands of years, it is still a challenge to establish communication with ordinary people in this language. Both the study and teaching of this language is necessary so that communication can be established in the culture, problems etc. of the deaf.
International Deaf Week:
- First of all we should note that this day is not celebrated to console the deaf but to bring a change in their life.
- Being deaf is not a disability or a weakness. People with hearing impairment are more intelligent than those with right ability, the only difference is that their medium of communication is different.
- For these, we can organize any kind of new events in our areas also. Any type of information that is related to them can be told through social media, many attractive posters can be made or many other things can also be done.
- To promote the knowledge of the deaf, many workshops or meetings can be organized in which the language used by them can be told to the general public as well.
- The deaf can be made aware of technology so that their life can be easier and easier than before.
|Event Name - Event Level
|World Coconut Day - International Day
|Teachers Day: India - National Day
|International Literacy Day - International Day
|World First Aid Day - International Day
|Hindi Day: India - National Day
|World Brotherhood and Apology Day - International Day
|Engineer Day - National Day
|World Ozone Day - International Day
|Lord Vishwakarma Jayanti - National Day
|World Peace Day - International Day
|World Alzheimers Day - International Day
|World Silent Deaf Day - International Day
|World Tourism Day - International Day
|World Heart Day - International Day