National Technology Day Quick Facts
|Event Name||National Technology Day ()|
|Event Started||11 May 1998|
|Event Level||National Day|
|Observed by||Indian Technology Development Board|
National Technology Day Brief
National Technology Day is celebrated every year in India on 11 May. The day is observed to commemorate the anniversary of the First five tests of the Nuclear test of Operation Shakti. Every year this day is celebrated with a different theme. On this day the nation proudly remembers the achievements of its scientists. Various scientific and Technical research organizations celebrate this event all over the country.
National Technology Day History
National Technology Day is celebrated to remember the nuclear test conducted at Pokhran on May 11, 1998. It was a matter of pride for all the citizens of India. The day also praises the importance of science in our daily lives.
In 1998, on May 11 and 13, when India conducted Five Nuclear Tests in Pokhran, Rajasthan. The initial Five tests were conducted on 11 May when three nuclear bombs were detonated at nearby seismic stations while recording a 5.3 Richter scale earthquake. The two trials were sustained on 13 May, since then the National Technology Day is celebrated in India.
National Technology Day Theme(s)
National Technology Day Year wise Themes are as follows :-
- The theme of National Technology Day 2022 was "Integrated Approach in Science and Technology for a Sustainable Future".
- The theme of National Technology Day 2021 was "Science and Technology for a Sustainable Future".
- The theme of National Technology Day 2020 was "Rebooting the Economy with Science, Technology and Research Translation". < li>The theme of National Technology Day 2019 was "Science for People, People for Science".
- The theme of National Technology Day 2018 was "Science and Technology for a Sustainable Future".
- The theme of National Technology Day 2017 was "Technology for Inclusive and Sustainable Development".
- The theme of National Technology Day 2016 was 'Technology Supporters of Startup India'.
- National Technology Day The theme of 2014 was 'Inclusive Innovation for India'.
- The theme of National Technology Day 2013 was "Innovation - Making a Difference".
More info about National Technology Day
- It is noteworthy that the Ministry of Science and Technology organizes this day on May 11 every year since 1999 to commemorate the achievements made in the field of innovation and technology in the country.
- On this occasion, science and technology success in the service of the nation was celebrated across the country.
- It is to be noted that this day is celebrated on May 11 to commemorate the achievement of great achievements in the field of technology.
- On May 11, 1998, India conducted its second successful test at Pokhran (Rajasthan).
- The then Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee had declared India a full-time nuclear country after Operation Shakti.
- This made India the sixth country to join the nuclear club.
- Along with this, the indigenously built aircraft 'Hans 3' took a test flight on the same day.
- Apart from this, India successfully test-fired the Trishul missile on the same day.
- TDB also awards exceptional scientific and technological achievements on this day. On this day Rs 10 lakh and the trophy is also given by the Technology Development Board as a reward.
Important Days of May Month - (National Days and International Days):
|Day||Event Name - Event Level|
|01 May||International Labor Day - International Day|
|02 May||World Comedy Day - International Day|
|03 May||World Press Freedom Day - International Day|
|08 May||World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day - International Day|
|11 May||National Technology Day - National Day|
|12 May||International Nurses Day - International Day|
|15 May||World Family Day - International Day|
|17 May||World Information Society Day - International Day|
|18 May||International Museum Day - International Day|
|21 May||Anti-Terrorism Day - International Day|
|22 May||World Biodiversity Day - International Day|
|31 May||World No Tobacco Day - International Day|
|मई माह का दूसरा रविवार of May||Mothers Day - International Day|
|मई माह का पहला मंगलवार of May||World Asthma Day - International Day|
National Technology Day FAQs:
National Technology Day is observed every year on 11 May.
Yes, National Technology Day is an National Day that is celebrated every year on May all over the India.
National Technology Day started on 11 May 1998.
National Technology Day is observed every year by Indian Technology Development Board.