World Autism Awareness Day Quick Facts
|World Autism Awareness Day ()
|18 December 2007
|United Nations General Assembly
World Autism Awareness Day Brief
Every year “World Autism Awareness Day” is celebrated all over the world on the 2nd of April to raise awareness about autism awareness.
World Autism Awareness Day History
On 18 December 2007, the United Nations General Assembly declared 02 April every year as World Autism Awareness Day.
World Autism Awareness Day Objective
The purpose of World Autism Awareness Day is to take steps to improve the lives of children and adults with autism and help them lead meaningful lives. According to the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment of India, one child in every 110 suffers from autism and one in every 70 children is affected by this disease.
More info about World Autism Awareness Day
What is called Autism Disease?
Autism is a developmental disease of the brain that affects a person's social behavior and interactions. In Hindi, it is also called 'self-love' and 'self-love'. The affected person behaves in limited and repetitive behavior such as repeating the same task over and over again. It affects the nervous system and affects a person's overall Cognitive, Emotional, Social and Physical health.
Symptoms of Autism:
- A person with autism can have many problems, even a person can be mentally handicapped.
- Autism patients may also have epileptic seizures.
- Sometimes a person with autism has problems with speech and hearing.
- When autism is severe it is known as autistic disorder but when autism symptoms are less dominant it is known as autism spectrum disorder (ASD). Asperger syndrome is included within ASD.
Effects of Autism:
- Autism is spread all over the world. According to a report, by the year 2010, about 70 million people in the world were affected by autism.
- Not only this, the number of patients affected by autism in the world is more than the number of patients with diabetes, cancer and AIDS combined.
- The number of Down syndrome patients with autism is even higher than expected.
- The number of autism victims can be estimated from the fact that 20 out of ten thousand people worldwide are affected by this disease.
- It has also been revealed in many types of research that autism is seen more in men than in women. That is, 80 percent of men out of 100 are affected by this disease.
|Event Name - Event Level
|April Fools' Day - International Day
|World Autism Awareness Day - International Day
|National Maritime Day - National Day
|International Day of Sport for Development and Peace - International Day
|World Health Day - International Day
|World Homeopathy Day - International Day
|World Hemophilia Day - International Day
|World Heritage Day - International Day
|Public Service Day - National Day
|World Earth Day - International Day
|World Book and Copyright Day - International Day
|National Panchayati Raj Day - National Day
|World Malaria Day - International Day
|International Dance Day - International Day