Top 10 batsmen with most centuries in international cricket:
One of the popular sports played all over the world, cricket has a long history, international cricket originated from England. The game of cricket is now played in more than 100 countries of the world. There are three main formats of international cricket:
- Test Cricket: International Test cricket was started in the year 1877. This is the longest form of cricket. The format of Test cricket is of 5 days, in which 90 overs are bowled in a day. In Test cricket, both the teams get the opportunity to bowl and bat twice.
- One Day International (ODI) cricket: One Day International (ODI) cricket was started on 05 January 1971. The format of ODI cricket is one day, with 50 overs per team competition between two national cricket teams. In international one-day cricket, both the teams get a chance to bowl and bat once each.
- Twenty20 Cricket: International Twenty20 cricket was started on 17 February 2005. It is the shortest format of international cricket, consisting of a competition of 20 overs per team between two national cricket teams. In which both the teams get a chance to bowl and bat once each.
Many great batsmen have made their contribution in the history of cricket. The 60-70s were dominated by bowlers, but in the last three to four decades, the batsmen have changed the entire contours of cricket. Since the 80s, very brilliant batsmen have spread their fire in cricket and have made very big records. Former India captain Sachin Tendulkar is in the first place in terms of scoring the most centuries in international cricket.
Sachin is the only batsman to score 100 centuries in international cricket. He represented India in 664 matches in his international career. Sachin has scored 49 centuries in one day cricket and 51 centuries in test cricket. Former Australian captain Ricky Ponting is in second place. He scored 71 centuries batting in 668 innings of 560 international matches. During his international career, Ponting had scored 41 centuries in Test cricket and 30 in one-day cricket. Former Sri Lankan captain and wicket-keeper batsman Kumar Sangakkara comes third in the list of batsmen who have scored the most centuries in international cricket.
Sangakkara scored 63 centuries while batting in 666 innings of 594 matches. Sangakkara had scored 38 centuries in Test matches and 25 centuries in ODIs. The special thing about this list is that it has the names of 3 Indian players at number 1, 5 and number 9. Let us know who is included in the top 10 batsmen who have scored the most centuries in international cricket history:-
List of top 10 batsmen with most centuries in international cricket:
|AB de Villiers
Now practice related questions and see what you learnt?
- One Day International Cricket History, Rules and World Cup Winners List 🔗
- ICC Twenty-20 World Cup - Winners, Places and Year 🔗
- ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup History and Winners 🔗
- Top 10 Batsmen to Score Most Centuries in ODI Cricket 🔗