World Organ Donation Day Quick Facts
|World Organ Donation Day ()
World Organ Donation Day Brief
Organ Donation Day is celebrated every year on 13 August in India and various countries of the world. To understand the importance of organ donation in a person's life as well as to encourage the common man to donate organs, this day is celebrated every year by Government organizations and people related to other businesses.
More info about World Organ Donation Day
What is Organ Donation?
Donating body tissue or any organ of a living or dead person is called organ donation. In organ donation organ donor organs such as heart, liver, kidney, intestine, lungs, and pancreas are donated to be transplanted into a needy person after his death. This tissue or organ is transplanted into the body of another living person. For this purpose, the donated organ is surgically removed from the donor's body.
Importance of Organ Donation Day:
According to a report, at least 5 lakh Indians die every year due to damage to the main functional organs of a person at any given time. They still want to live because they are not satisfied with their life, but due to natural crisis they are unable to do so.
Organ transplantation can play a big role in her beautiful life by increasing her time to live a life that exceeds her expectations. The organ donor plays the role of a god in the life of a transplanted person.
An organ donor can save more than 8 lives by donating his well-functioning organs. The Organ Donation Day campaign, which is celebrated on 13th August, gives a wonderful opportunity in everyone's life to move forward and take a pledge to donate their precious organs.
Objectives of Organ Donation Day: The main objectives of celebrating Organ Donation Day are-
- To make people aware about the need for organ donation.
- To spread the message of organ donation across the country.
- Removing people's hesitation about donating organs.
- To express gratitude to the organ donor.
- To encourage more people in their lives to donate organs.
Which organ can be donated by a human?
The following are the organs that can be donated by humans:-
- Digestive gland
- The white hard part protecting the pupil of the eye.
- Skin tissue
- Bone tissue
- Heart hole
Where and how one can donate organs: Major NGOs in the country involved in organ donation include:
- Mohan Institute
- Own organ donation institute
- Gift to a life
Interesting important facts related to organ donation:
- Any person, irrespective of age, caste, religion and community, can donate an organ.
- There is no fixed age for donating an organ.
- The decision to donate organs is not made on the basis of age, but on the basis of purely medical criteria.
- Tissues such as the cornea, heart valves, skin, and bone can be donated in case of natural death, but only liver, kidney, intestine, lungs, and pancreas can be donated in case of 'brain death'. Is.
- Organs such as the heart, pancreas, liver, kidneys and lungs are transplanted into organ recipients whose organs have failed, so that these recipients can live a normal life.
- Organ donors under the age of eighteen are required to obtain the consent of their parents or guardians before they can donate an organ.
- Organ donation should be avoided if you have serious conditions such as active cancer, HIV, diabetes, kidney disease or heart disease.
|Event Name - Event Level
|Hiroshima Day - International Day
|Dengue prevention day - International Day
|World Elephant Day - International Day
|International Youth Day - International Day
|World Organ Donation Day - International Day
|Independence Day: India - National Day
|World Photography Day - International Day
|World Mosquito Day - International Day
|Goodwill Day - National Day
|International Women's Equality Day - International Day
|National Sports Day - National Day
|International Small Industry Day - International Day
|World Sanskrit Day - International Day
|अगस्त माह का पहला रविवार of August
|International Friendship Day - International Day
|अगस्त माह का पहला सप्ताह of August
|World Breastfeeding Week - International Day