- The world-renowned National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has selected space flight company SpaceX to launch its SPHEREx mission. With the aid of this mission, NASA aims to conduct near-infrared spectra around 450 million galaxies throughout the universe and a celestial survey measuring 100 million stars inside our Milky Way Galaxy. It will be launched into space in June 2024 on SpaceX's Falcon 9 rocket from Space Launch Complex 4E at Vandenberg Air Force Base, California.
- Bharat Biotech has signed an agreement with Precisa Medicamentos for the supply of India-made Kovid-19 vaccine 'Covaxin' to Brazil. The supply of covaxin through direct procurement by the Brazilian government will be preferred for the public market.
- The Indian Army has entered into a contract with Goa Shipyard Limited (GSL) for the purchase of 12 fast patrol boats for monitoring and patrolling vast waterfields, including high altitude areas such as the Pangong Tso Lake in Ladakh. Pengong Lake or Pengong Tso is located in the Indo-China border region in Ladakh. It is 134 kilometers long, situated at an altitude of 4350 meters and extends from Ladakh to Tibet. An area of 45 km of this lake is located in India while 90 km area lies in China. The Line of Actual Control passes through the middle of this lake. At present, Pangong Lake is still frozen due to the harsh winter and the situation will be similar here for 3-4 months, the army has planned that when the lake melts in summer, deploy about two dozen such boats for patrolling here. will be given.
- The Indian Navy has signed a contract with Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) for the purchase of Light Amplification through rapid induction of Radiation Dazzlers (Stimulated Emission of Radiation Dazzlers). Initially, the agreement has been signed for 20 Laser Dazzlers. The laser deseler technology has been developed by the Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and will be manufactured by the BEL, Pune plant. This is the first time this unique product has been indigenously designed and developed for the armed forces.
- Power Grid Corporation of India (Power Grid) has entered into an agreement with State Bank of India for a loan of Rs. 5000 crore for fulfilling its capital expenditure.
- India and Vietnam jointly vowed to keep the India-Pacific region open while calling for a rule-based regional order and signed three agreements with nuclear cooperation.
📅 Last update : 2018-04-21 15:31:03