Names of diseases affecting crops: The word plant pathology or phytopathology is derived from three Greek words, plant, disease and knowledge, which literally mean "knowledge of plant diseases". Therefore, plant pathology is that branch of agricultural science, botany or biology, under which the symptoms, causes, causes of diseases, disease cycle, loss from ragas and their control are studied.
Objectives of Plant Pathology:
The main objectives of this science are:
- To study the related living, non-living and environmental causes of plant diseases.
- To study the response of pathogens to disease development.
- To study the interactions between plants and pathogens.
- To develop control methods of diseases so that the damage caused by them to plants can be minimized or avoided.
List of diseases that damage crops
Here are the names of diseases that occur in plants:-
|Names of diseases
|White kitt disease
|Angmari, Back Angmari
|Powdery mildew and bunch top disease
|Brown Rust and Kittu Disease
|Khaira disease, scorch disease and gust disease
|Red rot disease
|Mahali or coli roga disease
|Ganglion and mosaic
|Coffee and tea
|Puffy and brown foliar disease
|Cluster top disease
|Sperm scorch, wilt and blemish
Now practice related questions and see what you learnt?
- Largest Producing Countries of Major Crops in World 🔗
- Agriculture in India: Importance, History, Major Crops and Characteristics 🔗
- Indian Crops and Their Producing States 🔗