Australia has a different place in the geography of the world. There are many things in this country that differentiate this country from other countries such as language, living, clothing, culture, religion, business. Lets learn about some such unique facts related to the Australia and important events related to Australia history, knowing that your knowledge will increase.
Australia Country Profile
|Founder||Sir Henry Parkes, GCMG|
Australians have lived on the continent for almost 65,000 years. Before the first arrival of Dutch explorers in the early 17th century, who named it New Holland. But he did not make any attempt to establish it. In 1770, James Cook took a full voyage and drew a map of the east coast of Australia, which he named New-South Wales. In 1770, the eastern half of Australia was claimed by Great Britain. On 1 January 1901, a federation of colonies was acquired after a decade of planning, consultation and voting. After the 1907 Imperial Conference, Australia and other self-governing British colonies were granted "dominion" status within the British Empire.
Surrounded by the Indian and Pacific Oceans, Australia is separated from Asia by the Arafura and Timor Seas, the Coral Sea is off the Queensland coast, and the Tasman Sea lies between Australia and New Zealand. Australia, the world's smallest continent and sixth largest country by total area, - due to its size and isolation - is often called the "island continent". Australia has 34,218 kilometers of coastal area (excluding all offshore islands). This Special Economic Zone does not include the Australian Antarctic Region. With tropical rainforests in the north-east, mountain ranges in the southeast, in the south-west and east, and deserts in the center, the shape of Australia gives it a wide variety of landscapes. The terrain of the Top End and Gulf Country — with its tropical climate — includes forests, woodland, wetland, grasslands, rainforests, and deserts. Australia's climate is strongly influenced by ocean currents.
The Australian Dollar is the currency of the Australian Commonwealth, comprising Krrishmus Island, Cocos (Killing) Island and Norfolk Island as well as the Pacific island states of Kiribati, Nauru and Tuvalu. The Australian Securities Exchange and Sydney Futures Exchange are Australia's large stock markets. According to the Index of Economic Freedom, Australia is a nomadic capitalist economy. Australia's GDP per capita is slightly higher than Britain, Germany and France in terms of purchasing power parity. All major cities in Australia performed well in comparative surveys of life efficiency; Australia's payments are balanced which is negative at over 7% of GDP and Australia has grown at an average rate of 3.6% over 15 years, with OECD having an annual average of 2.5% over a period.
The national language of Australia is English. Australian is a predominant type of English language with its own special pronunciation qualities and vocabulary (in which some have found their way to English), but less in internal dialect variation from American or British English (small regional pronunciation and lexical variation Except). Grammar and spelling are mainly based on British English. According to the 2001 census, English is spoken only by about 80% of the country's population. The second common language spoken in the home is Chinese (2.1%), Italian (1.9%) and Greek (1.4%). A significant proportion of first and second generation migrants are bilingual.
Australia Important Facts
- Australia is officially called the Commonwealth of Australia. It is the only country in the continent of Australia in the southern hemisphere.
- Australia gained independence from the United Kingdom (UK) on 1 January 1901 with the Union Constitution.
- The total area of Australia is 7,692,024 sq km. (2,969,907 sq mi), Australia is the sixth largest country in the world by area.
- The national language of Australia is English.
- The Australian currency is the Australian dollar.
- According to the World Bank, the total population of Australia in 2016 was 2.41 crore.
- The highest mountain in Australia is Mount kosciuszko, which is 2,228 meters high.
- The longest river in Australia is the River Murray, with a length of 2,508 km.
- Australia's largest lake is Lake Eyre, which is 9,500 square kilometers. Spreads over an area of.
- Australia's most famous lake is Lake Hillier, a saltwater lake, the water color of this lake is pink which makes it famous.
- One of Australia's most famous buildings is the Sydney Opera House which is famous for its design in the world.
- Australia's Highway 1 (australia national highway 1) is the longest national highway in the world, with a length of 14,500 km.
- Australia is the world's largest wool producing and exporting country, it produces 25% of the world's wool.
- Australia's national animal is the red kangaroo, the largest of all kangaroos, and Australia's largest terrestrial mammal marsupial.
- The national bird of Australia is Emu.
Australia Important History Events
- 26 january 788 - Captain Arthur Phillip and the British First Flight landed at Sydney Cove on the shore of Port Jackson in present-day Sydney,establishing the first permanent European settlement in Australia.
- 01 april 1234 - An Englishman lost the Battle of the Curragh in Ireland, at the same place where an Australian would win the 1297 Battle of Stirling Bridge in Scotland many years later.
- 25 october 1616 - The Dutch sailing ship Eendracht reached Shark Bay on thewestern coastline of Australia, as documented on the Hartog Plate etchedby explorer Dirk Hartog.
- 24 november 1642 - A Dutch expedition led by Abel Tasman reached present-dayTasmania, Australia.
- 25 August 1768 - Britain's James Cook embarked on his first adventure cruise. In this journey, he explored Australia and prepared maps depicting waterways of the Pacific Ocean.
- 29 april 1770 - British explorer James Cook and the crew of HMS Endeavour, the first European ship to land in eastern Australia, reached the coast of Botany Bay near present-day Sydney.
- 11 june 1770 - Capt. James Cook discovered Great Barrier Reef of Australia. Cook explored thousands of miles across largely uncharted areas of the globe, surveying, recording and naming features for the first time. The Great Barrier Reef is the world's largest coral reef system composed of over 2,900 individual reefs and 900 islands stretching for over 2,300 kilometers.
- 11 June 1770 - Captain James Cooke discovered the Great Barrier Reef in Australia.
- 19 April 1770 - Captain James Cook became the first Western man to reach Australia.
- 12 july 1776 - Third voyage of Captain James cook began. He was the British explorer and navigator. He discovered the Great Barrier Reef in Australia. He also discovered Hawaiian archipelagos during his third voyage.
Populated Cities of Australia
Grafton, Dalby, Charters Towers, Nowra, Emerald, Darwin, Yulara, Toowoomba, Swan Hill, Ulladulla, Colac, Ayr, Hamilton, Kingaroy, Inverell, Ballarat, Moree, Georgetown, Bendigo, Hobart, Deniliquin, Wyndham, Esperance, Victor Harbor, Mackay, Young, Carnarvon, Mandurah, Leeton, Launceston, Gunnedah, Narrabri, Maryborough, Stawell, Atherton, Pannawonica, Cowra, Byron Bay, Pine Creek, Rockhampton, Meekatharra, Tumut, Cooma, Merimbula, Kimba, Biloela, Coffs Harbour, Ingham, Bathurst, Ararat, Boulia, Wonthaggi, Northam, Onslow, Kununurra, Quilpie, Wagga Wagga, Roma, Mudgee, Cowell, Andamooka, Gold Coast, Bundaberg, Newman, McMinns Lagoon, Kingoonya, Port Macquarie, Forbes, Mildura, Berri, Cobram, Sydney, Scone, Cranbourne, Eidsvold, Woomera, Wilcannia, Taree, Goondiwindi, Manjimup, Mount Magnet, Narrogin, Hughenden, Smithton, Melbourne, Proserpine, Katanning, Orange, Caloundra, Tamworth, Seymour, Kalgoorlie, Shepparton, Mount Isa, Tweed Heads, Canberra, Queanbeyan, Melton, Laverton, Dubbo,
6 Neighbour countries of Australia
East Timor [M] , France [M] , Indonesia [M] , New Zealand [M] , Papua New Guinea [M] , Solomon Islands [M] ,
International Border Definition: L = Land Border (भूमि सीमा)| M = Maritime Border (समुद्री सीमा)
List of famous people of Australia
|Birth Year||Death Year||Name / Gender / Category / Country|
|1970||Belinda Clark / Female / Player / Australia|