Australia has a different place in the geography of the world. There are many such things in this country that separate this country from other countries such as language, living style, dress, culture, religion, business. Let us know about some such unique facts related to the country of Australia and important events related to history, knowing which your knowledge will increase.
Australia Country Quick General Knowledge
|Father/Founder of Country||Sir Henry Parkes, GCMG|
|National Anthem of Country||Advance Australia Fair|
Read Also: Name of the country, their capital and currency List
- Australia is officially called the Commonwealth of Australia. It is the only country in the continent of Australia in the southern hemisphere.
- Australia gained independence from the United Kingdom (UK) on 1 January 1901 with the Union Constitution.
- The total area of Australia is 7,692,024 sq km. (2,969,907 sq mi), Australia is the sixth largest country in the world by area.
- The national language of Australia is English.
- The Australian currency is the Australian dollar.
- According to the World Bank, the total population of Australia in 2016 was 2.41 crore.
- The highest mountain in Australia is Mount kosciuszko, which is 2,228 meters high.
- The longest river in Australia is the River Murray, with a length of 2,508 km.
- Australia's largest lake is Lake Eyre, which is 9,500 square kilometers. Spreads over an area of.
- Australia's most famous lake is Lake Hillier, a saltwater lake, the water color of this lake is pink which makes it famous.
- One of Australia's most famous buildings is the Sydney Opera House which is famous for its design in the world.
- Australia's Highway 1 (australia national highway 1) is the longest national highway in the world, with a length of 14,500 km.
- Australia is the world's largest wool producing and exporting country, it produces 25% of the world's wool.
- Australia's national animal is the red kangaroo, the largest of all kangaroos, and Australia's largest terrestrial mammal marsupial.
- The national bird of Australia is Emu.
- 01 April 1234 - An Englishman lost the Battle of Kurgh in Ireland, at the same place where an Australian will win 1297 Battle of Sterling Bridge in Scotland after many years.
- 25 October 1616 - Dutch sailing ship Erynchat, Hartog Plate AtcadeB Explorer Dialogue reached the shark bay on the west coast of Australia.
- 24 November 1642 - A Dutch campaign led by Abel Tasman reached the present Tasmania, Australia.
- 25 August 1768 - Britain's James Cook embarked on his first adventure cruise. In this journey, he explored Australia and prepared maps depicting waterways of the Pacific Ocean.
- 11 June 1770 - Captain James Cooke discovered the Great Barrier Reef in Australia.
- 19 April 1770 - Captain James Cook became the first Western man to reach Australia.
- 29 April 1770 - The crew of British explorers James Cook and the first European ship HMS Endeavor to land in Eastern Australia reached the coast of Botany Bay near the current Sydney.
- 11 June 1770 - Captain James Cook discovered Australia's Great Barrier Reef. Cook first discovered thousands of miles in large -scale unchanged areas of the world, features of survey, recording and naming. The Great Barrier Reef is the world's largest coral wall system, made up of more than 2,900 individual reefs and 900 islands for more than 2,900 kilometers.
- 12 July 1776 - Captain James Cook's third visit began. He was a British explorer and sailor. He discovered the Great Barrier Reef in Australia. He also discovered the Hawaiian Islands during his third visit.
- 26 January 1788 - Australia became a colony of Britain.
Definition of international border: L = Land Border | M = Maritime Border
The capital of Australia is Canberra.
The currency of Australia is Australian dollar.
Australia is the part of Australia continent.
The languages spoken in Australia are English, Indigenous languages.
The national anthem of Australia is "Advance Australia Fair".
Sir Henry Parkes, GCMG is considered the founder/father of Modern Australia.