Indonesia has a different place in the geography of the world. There are many such things in this country that separate this country from other countries such as language, living style, dress, culture, religion, business. Let us know about some such unique facts related to the country of Indonesia and important events related to history, knowing which your knowledge will increase.
Indonesia Country Quick General Knowledge
|Father/Founder of Country||Sukarno, Mohammad Hatta|
|National Anthem of Country||Indonesia Raya, (Great Indonesia)|
Read Also: Name of the country, their capital and currency List
The fossil remains of Homo erectus, known as "Java Man", suggest that the Indonesian archipelago was inhabited two million to 500,000 years ago. Homo sapiens arrived in the region around 43,000 BC. The first European arrived in the archipelago in 1512, when Portuguese traders led by Francisco Cerro, seeking to monopolize the sources of nutmeg, cloves, and cube pepper in the island of Maluk. Europeans as Portuguese arrived in Indonesia from the 16th century and were trying to monopolize the sources of valuable nutmeg, cloves and cube pepper in Maluku. In 1602 the Dutch established the Dutch East India Company (VOC) and by 1610 became the dominant European power. After bankruptcy, the VOC was formally dissolved in 1800, and the Government of the Netherlands established the Dutch East Indies under government control.
By the early 20th century, Dutch dominance extended to current borders. The Japanese invasion and subsequent occupation of 1942–45 during World War II ended Dutch rule and encouraged the already suppressed Indonesian independence movement. Two days after Japan's surrender in August 1945, Sukarno, the nationalist leader, declared independence and became president. The Netherlands tried to reestablish its rule, but a bitterly armed and diplomatic conflict ended in December 1949 when, in the face of international pressure, the Dutch formally recognized Indonesian independence.
- The Republic of Indonesia is an island nation located in Southeast Asia and Oceania.
- Indonesia borders Papua New Guinea, East Timor and Malaysia.
- Indonesia's independence was declared on 17 August 1945 and it was made independent by Italy on 27 December 1949.
- The total area of Indonesia is 1,919,440 sq km. (1,919,440 square miles).
- The official language of Indonesia is Indonesian.
- The name of the Indonesian currency is Indonesian Rupiah.
- According to the World Bank, the total population of Indonesia in 2016 was 26.11 crore.
- The religion of most people in Indonesia is Islam.
- The important ethnic groups in Indonesia are Javanese and Sundanese.
- The tallest mountain in Indonesia is Pancak Jaya, which has an altitude of 4,884 meters.
- The longest river of Indonesia is Kapuas River, which has a length of 1,143 km.
- Lake Toba, Indonesia's largest lake, which is 1,130 sq km. Spreads over.
- In Indonesia, Javan Rhino is an unidentified animal in the world.
- Indonesia has the world's largest full Rafflesia arnoldii, also called Stinking corpse lily.
- 10 April 1815 - Mount Tambora in Indonesia began one of the most violent newborn explosions in recorded history, killing at least 71,000 people, and affected the worldwide temperature for the next two years.
- 08 June 1909 - An earthquake and tsunami destroyed the city of Korinchi, located on the island of Sumatra, Indonesia, killing 230 people.
- 16 January 1943 - The first air strike of the US Air Force occurred on the island of Ambon, Indonesia.
- 17 August 1945 - Sukarno and Mohammad Hatta announced the independence of Indonesia, which ignored the Indonesian National Revolution against the Dutch Empire.
- 10 November 1945 - Indonesian National Revolution -British officer Brigadier A. W. S. A few weeks before the assassination of the debris, the British started their vengeance by attacking Surbaya, Indonesia.
- 02 November 1949 - The Netherlands recognized Indonesia as an autonomous state.
- 21 December 1949 - The Portuguese rulers declared Indonesia as a sovereign nation.
- 31 December 1949 - 18 countries of the world recognized Indonesia.
- 16 December 1949 - Sukarno was elected President of the Republic of Indonesia.
- 28 September 1950 - Indonesia became the 60th member of the United Nations.
Definition of international border: L = Land Border | M = Maritime Border
The capital of Indonesia is Jakarta.
The currency of Indonesia is Indonesian Rupiah.
Indonesia is the part of Asia continent.
The languages spoken in Indonesia are Bahasa Indonesia, English, Dutch, Javanese, and 580+ languages/dialects.
The national anthem of Indonesia is "Indonesia Raya, (Great Indonesia)".
Sukarno, Mohammad Hatta is considered the founder/father of Modern Indonesia.