World Mental Health Day Quick Facts
|World Mental Health Day ()
|World Health Organization (WHO) and World Mental Health Federation (WMHF)
World Mental Health Day Brief
World Mental Health Day is celebrated every year on 10 October all over the world to create awareness of mental health issues.
World Mental Health Day History
World Mental Health Day was first observed in the year 1992. World Health Organization (World Health Organization) and World Federation of Mental Health (World Mental Health Federation) every year on 10 October with the aim of spreading awareness about mental illnesses and actively identifying your personality disorders and mental disorders by introspecting your mind. World Mental Health Day is celebrated all over the world. On this day, programs on the topic of stress relief are organized by government and social organizations from all over the world.
World Mental Health Day Objective
The main objective of World Mental Health Day is to make people aware of diseases related to mental health. According to the World Health Organization, more than 350 million people around the world suffer from depression. Women are more affected by this than men.
Mental health disorders are one of the most common diseases occurring around the world. According to the World Health Organization, there are an estimated 450 million people suffering from mental disorders. About 1.5 million people in India, including children and adolescents, are affected by serious mental health problems.
Mental illness affects the way a person feels, thinks, and acts. This disease causes problems in a person's mood, temperament, attention and ability to communicate and communicate. Eventually, the person becomes a victim of abnormal behavior.
He also has to struggle for the activities of daily living, due to which this serious problem has become a matter of health concern, so the Government of India launched the National Mental Health Program in the year 1982 with the objective of considering the increasing burden of mental illness in the country. (NMHP) was launched.
World Mental Health Day Theme(s)
- Theme of World Mental Health Day 2022 - "Make mental health and wellness for all a global priority".
- Theme of World Mental Health Day 2021 - "Mental Health in an Unequal World".
- Theme of World Mental Health Day 2020 - "Mental Health for All: Greater Investment, Greater Access".
- Theme of World Mental Health Day 2019 - "Mental health promotion and suicide prevention".
- Theme of World Mental Health Day 2018 - "Adult and Mental Health in a Changing World Scenario".
- Theme of World Mental Health Day 2012 - "Mental Health in the Workplace".
- Theme of World Mental Health Day 2016 - "Psychological First Aid".
- Theme of World Mental Health Day 2015 - "Dignity in Mental Health".
More info about World Mental Health Day
Root causes of suffering from mental illness:
- The following factors are responsible for mental health problems, such as –
- Environmental stressors such as anxiety, loneliness, peer pressure, low self-esteem, family death or divorce.
- Psychological trauma resulting from accidents, injuries, violence and rape.
- genetic abnormalities.
- Brain injury/defect.
- Substance abuse such as alcohol and drugs.
- Brain damage due to infection.