World Teachers Day Quick Facts
|World Teachers Day ()
World Teachers Day Brief
World Teacher's Day or World Teacher's Day is celebrated every year on 05 October in different countries of the world. The interesting thing is that 'Teacher's Day' is celebrated in most countries of the world, but everyone has set different days for it. Therefore, in some countries, the day of 'Teacher's Day' is a holiday, but in other countries, that day remains a working day as usual.
On this day teachers are honored in general and some working and retired teachers are honored for their special contributions.
World Teachers Day History
It is Celebrated to remember the joint meeting of UNESCO and the International Labor Organization held by the United Nations in 1966, in which the situation of teachers was discussed and suggestions were presented for this. UNESCO declared 05 October as 'International Teacher's Day'. Therefore, since 1994, World Teachers' Day is being celebrated every year in more than 100 countries.
World Teachers Day Objective
The main objective of World Teachers Day was to promote cooperation towards teachers and to bring awareness to the importance of teachers to meet the needs of future generations. Today this day is celebrated in about a hundred countries around the world. On this day, various programs are organized in schools and colleges etc. in honor of their teachers and gurus.
More info about World Teachers Day
When is International Teacher's Day celebrated in which country of the world?
- UNESCO celebrates 'International Teacher's Day' since 1994. 'International Teacher's Day' was started in UNESCO to promote cooperation towards teachers in the society and to make them realize the responsibilities of the teacher.
- In America, the methods were changed for the first 'Teacher's Day', then it was decided to celebrate 'Teacher's Day' in the first week of May. Even today in America 'Teacher's Day' is celebrated throughout the week.
- Teacher's Day was introduced in China in 1931 and later in 1939, Confucius's birthday, August 27, was declared as Teacher's Day but it was canceled in 1951. Then in 1985, September 10 was declared Teacher's Day, but at present, most Chinese citizens want Confucius's birthday to be Teacher's Day.
- Earlier 'Teacher's Day' in Russia was celebrated on the first week of October, but in 1994 it was decided that 'Teacher's Day' in Russia would be celebrated on October 05.
- Domingo Faustino Sarmiento, the 7th President of Argentina, is known as a great thinker, writer and educationist. Teacher's Day is celebrated on September 11 in Argentina due to his valuable contribution in the field of education.
- Teacher's Day is celebrated on the last Friday of October in Australia, April 13 in Ecuador, the first Saturday of June in Hungary and October 14 in Poland.
- Teacher's Day is celebrated on 28 March in the Czech Republic.
- Teacher's Day is celebrated in Iran on 02 May after the assassination of Ayatollah Morteza. Ayatollah Morteza was one of the famous professors of Iran, in whose memory Iran celebrates 'Teacher's Day' on 02 May.
- In Indonesia, Teacher's Day is celebrated on 25 November in the name of 'Hari Guru'.
- Teacher's Day is celebrated in Singapore on 1st September. On this day there is a holiday here and no special event takes place. All the events are organized here a day before Teacher's Day and after half the time the schools are closed.
- On March 7, 1867, the first school to teach in the Albanian language was opened in Albania, due to which Teacher's Day is celebrated here on March 07.
- Teacher's Day is celebrated on 22 June in El Salvador. This day is a national holiday in El Salvador. February 28 is celebrated as Teacher's Day in Oman, Syria, Egypt, Libya, Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Yemen, Tunisia, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Morocco and other Islamic countries.