World Food Day Quick Facts
|World Food Day ()
|16 October 1980
|united nations food and agriculture organization
World Food Day Brief
World Food Day is celebrated every year on 16 October across the world. This year the theme of this day is 'Zero Hunger' with the theme 'Our actions are our Future'.
World Food Day History
The United Nations established the "Food and Agriculture Organization" (FAO) in Rome on October 16, 1945. In order to spread awareness among the people about hunger prevailing in the world and to end it, 'World Food Day' was started from 1980 to 16 October. Apart from this, it is also widely celebrated by the World Food Program and International Agricultural Development Fund.
World Food Day Objective
To make all the people of the world aware of food or eating, through this day, at least people have to stop wasting food. Apart from this, other objectives include the following objectives-
- To Spread awareness and encouragement in all nations to fight against hunger, malnutrition and poverty.
- To focus on agricultural development.
- Promotion of agricultural food production.
- To promote cooperation in economic and technical fields among most developing countries.
- To motivate rural people mainly women and less privileged people to make their contribution.
- Promote technology transfer between developing countries.
World Food Day Theme(s)
|Food comes most
|Food comes first
|Women in agriculture
|Fishermen and fishing community
|Food and the Environment
|Food for the future
|Tree for life
|Food and Nutrition
|Nature's Variety of Crop
|Water for life
|Food for all
|Fighting Hunger and Malnutrition
|Investing in Food Security
|Women feed the world
|Youth against hunger
|A millennium free from hunger
|Hungry to reduce poverty
|Water: a source of food security
|Working together for the International Coalition Against Hunger
|Biodiversity for food security
|Agricultural and Cultural Dialogue
|Investing in Agriculture for Food Security
|Right to food
|World food security: challenges of climate change and bioenergy
|Achieving food security in times of crisis
|United Against Hunger
|Food Prices - From Crisis to Stability
|Agricultural cooperatives - The key to feeding the world
|Sustainable food systems for food safety and nutrition
|Family Farming: "Feeding the World, Caring for the Earth
|Social Protection and Agriculture: Breaking the Rural Poverty Cycle
|Climate is changing. Food and agriculture must also change.
|Our actions are our future with the theme of "Zero Hunger
|Grow, nurture, nurture. Together
|Our actions are our future - Better production, Better nutrition, Better Environment, and Better life
|Safer Food, Better Health
More info about World Food Day
Some measures to deal with climate change:
- Use natural resources carefully.
- Never waste food, share it with the needy.
- Plant new trees to increase greenery.
- Say no to plastic. Use reusable shopping bags and bottles instead of plastic bags.
- Go paperless. Use digital technology wherever possible.
- Always use energy and water efficient appliances.
- Give preference to organic foods.