Nauru has a different place in the geography of the world. There are many things in this country that differentiate this country from other countries such as language, living, clothing, culture, religion, business. Lets learn about some such unique facts related to the Nauru and important events related to Nauru history, knowing that your knowledge will increase.
Nauru Country Profile
Nauru was introduced by the people of Micronesia and Polynesia by 1000 BC. Was established And was declared as a colony by the German Empire at the end of the 19th century. After World War I, Nauru became a union of nation mandates administered by Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom. During World War II, Nauru was occupied by Japanese troops, and an advance bypass was carried out by the Allies throughout the Pacific. After the war ended, the country entered the trusteeship of the United Nations. Nauru gained his independence in 1968, and became a member of the Pacific Community (SPC) in 1969.
Nauru, officially known as the Republic of Nauru and formerly Pleasant Island, is an island country in the Central Pacific and a microstate in Oceania. Its nearest neighbor is Baneba Island in Kiribati, 300 km to the east. It is further northwest of Tuvalu, 1,300 km north-east of Solomon Islands, east-northeast of Papua New Guinea, southeast of the Federated States of Micronesia, and south of the Marshall Islands. With an area of only 21 km2, Nauru is the third smallest country in the world behind Vatican City and Monaco, making it the smallest republic. Additionally, the population of 10,670 is the second smallest in the world after Vatican City.
Nauru has a small economy, based on a population of only 11,550 people in 2019. The economy has historically been based on phosphate mining. With primary phosphate reserves depleted by the end of 2010, Nauru tried to diversify its sources of income. In 2020, Nauru's main sources of income were sales of fishing rights in Nauru's territorial waters and revenue from the regional processing center. Nauru is dependent on foreign aid, mainly from Australia, Taiwan and New Zealand. On 1 October 2014, an income tax was imposed in Nauru for the first time, with high-income people paying a flat rate of 10%.
The official language of Nauru is Nauruan, a separate Micronesian language, spoken by 96 percent of the ethnic Nauru in the home. English is widely spoken and is the language of government and commerce, as Nauruan is not used outside the country. Nauru is the smallest island nation in the world, it is the world's smallest independent republic and the only republic in the world that has no capital.
Nauru Important Facts
- Nauru is officially called the Republic of Nauru which is an island nation located in the macro-South Pacific Ocean.
- Nauru gained independence from UN trusteeship on 31 January 1968.
- Nauru is the smallest independent republic in the world, and was incorporated into the United Nations in 1999.
- The total area of Nauru is 21 sq km. (8.1 sq mi) making it the smallest island country in the world.
- The official languages of Nauru are Nauru and English.
- The currency of Nauru is named Australian Dollar.
- According to the World Bank, the total population of Nauru in 2016 was 13,049.
- Most people in Nauru have a Christian religion and some are atheists.
- The most important ethnic group in Nauru is White, Mulatto, Mestizo, Zambo, or Pardo and Black.
- The largest lake in Nauru is Buada Lagoon which is a freshwater lake, it is 0.13 sq km. Spreads over an area of.
- In the facilities of traffic in Nauru, the railway line is only 5 km. Long, there is only one airport in the country called Nauru International Airport.
- The national dish of Nauru Island is Coconut Fish.
Nauru Important History Events
- 08 November 1798 - The British whaler John Fern became the first European to land on Nauru.
- 25 june 1999 - United Nations Security Council: Resolutions 1248 and 1249 were adopted. United Nations Security Council resolution 1248 and 1249 were adopted after examining the applications from Republic of Kiribati and Republic of Nauru for membership in the United Nations.
- 14 September 1999 - Kiribati, Nauru and Tonga joined the United States.
2 Neighbour countries of Nauru
Kiribati [M] , Marshall Islands [M] ,
International Border Definition: L = Land Border (भूमि सीमा)| M = Maritime Border (समुद्री सीमा)