Micronesia has a different place in the geography of the world. There are many things in this country that differentiate this country from other countries such as language, living, clothing, culture, religion, business. Lets learn about some such unique facts related to the Micronesia and important events related to Micronesia history, knowing that your knowledge will increase.
Micronesia Country Profile
|Currency||United States Dollar|
Micronesian ancestors settled there 4,000 years ago. A decentralized chieftaincy-based system eventually evolved into a more centralized economic and religious culture centered on Ponpei. European explorers in search of the Spice Islands (Indonesia) were first Portuguese and then Spanish reached Caroline in the sixteenth century, with Spanish sovereignty enshrined. Spain sold the islands to Germany in 1899 that year under the terms of the German-Spanish Treaty. On May 10, 1979, four of the Trust Territory Districts ratified the Constitution of the Federated States of Micronesia. Neighboring Trusts Palau, Marshall Islands and the Northern Mariana Islands opted not to participate. Honorable Tosivo Nakayama, former president of the Micronesia Congress, became the first chairman of the FSM and formed his cabinet.
Micronesia is an area consisting of approximately 2100 islands, with a total area of 2,700 km2 (1,000 sq mi), the largest of which is Guam, covering 582 km2 (225 sq mi). The total ocean area within the islands' periphery is 7,400,000 km2 (2,900,000 sq mi). The Caroline Islands are a widely scattered archipelago, including about 500 small coral islands, north of New Guinea and east of the Philippines. Caroline consists of two republics: the Federated States of Micronesia, consisting of about 600 islands on the eastern side of the chain, with Kosrai consisting of 250 islands on the easternmost and Palau western islands.
At the national level, the primary income is fishing and selling to foreign nations who harvest tuna using giant purse senators (similar to fishing). Crews in the fishing fleet contribute very little to the local economy because their ships are usually loaded with shops and provisions that are cheaper than local cargo. The additional money comes from government grants, mostly from the United States and US $ 150 million paid for the rehabilitation of residents of Bikini Atoll in a trust fund that had to be relocated after nuclear testing. Except for some high-grade phosphates, particularly on Nauru, some minerals are worth exploiting.
Micronesian languages are the largest group of languages spoken in Micronesia. They are in the family of oceanic languages, part of the Austronesian language group. The languages of its additional Micronesian family are Marshall, Gilberger, Kosraean, Nauruan, as well as a large sub-family called the Truik-Ponapaic language which consists of 11 languages. On the eastern edge of the Federated States of Micronesia, the languages represent Nukuro and Kapingamrangi, an extreme west side of the Polynesian branch of Ocean.
Micronesia Important Facts
- Micronesia, officially called the Federated State of Micronesia, consists of four states in the Western Pacific Ocean consisting of Yap, Chuk, Pohnpei and Kosrae.
- Micronesia gained independence from the United States on November 3, 1986.
- The total area of Micronesia is 702 sq km. (271 sq mi) consisting of 607 small islands.
- The national language of Micronesia is English.
- The currency of Micronesia is the United States Dollar.
- According to the World Bank, the total population of Micronesia in 2016 was 1.05 lakh.
- In Micronesia, the religion of most people is Christian and some is atheist.
- The highest mountain in Micronesia is Mount Nanlaud, which is 782 meters high.
- The climate of Micronesia is a tropical climate in which the temperature is warm throughout the year.
- Micronesia's famous historic building is the Catholic Belltower, built in 1909 by German Capuchin missionaries.
- Rai, or stone money, found in Micronesia, are large, circular stone disks made of limestone with aragonite and calcite.
Micronesia Important History Events
- 10 may 1979 - The Federated States of Micronesia had formed its own constitutional government on May 10, 1979. Prior 1979 it was a part of the Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands under US administration and became an independent state on November 3, 1986.
Populated Cities of Micronesia
Palikir, Kolonia, Colonia, Weno, Tofol,