Through this chapter, we will know the detailed and important information of Delhi, in which important and interesting information like history, geography, economy, education, culture and world famous tourist places located in the state have been added. Apart from this, the recent developments and changes in the state of Delhi have also been explained in detail. This chapter is full of interesting facts for the competitive aspirants as well as the readers.
Quick General Knowledge
|State Level||Union territories|
|Statehood||1 November 1966|
|Total Area||1484 sq km|
|Current Chief Minister||Arvind Kejriwal|
|Current Governor||Anil Baijal (Lt. Governor)|
|State Bird||House sparrow|
|State Flower||Alfalfa Medicago sativa|
|State Animal||Blue cow|
|State Tree||Not yet designated|
Delhi (officially the National Capital Territory of Delhi) is a union territory and metropolis of the country on the banks of the Yamuna River. It includes New Delhi, which is the capital of the country. This state is bordered by Haryana in the north, south and west and Uttar Pradesh in the east. The total area of Delhi is 1,483 square kilometers. Delhi is also counted among the richest cities in the country in terms of average per capita income. Jama Masjid, built in the year 1656 in Delhi, is the largest mosque in India.
Prior to January 1997, Delhi was only a district, but currently there are 11 districts and 27 subdivisions / tehsils. Delhi has a strength of 70 members, 07 members of the Lok Sabha and 03 members of the Rajya Sabha. The Government of Delhi is the supreme Comptroller and Administration authority of the National Capital Territory of India, Delhi. It has an executive branch, headed by the Lieutenant Governor of Delhi, as a judiciary with the Delhi High Court and a legislature, which sits in the Legislative Assembly. Delhi is divided into three legislative branches - New Delhi Municipality, Municipal Corporation of Delhi and Delhi Cantonment Board. The Supreme Court of India, the Supreme Court is also located in Delhi.
The current Chief Minister of Delhi is Arvind Kejriwal. He was sworn in as the Chief Minister on February 2015.
The current Deputy Governor of Delhi (Administrator) is Anil Baijal, he was sworn in as the 21st Deputy Governor of Delhi on 31 December 2016.
The major crops here are wheat, millet, jowar, gram and maize, but now farmers are giving more importance to fruits and vegetables, milk production, poultry, floriculture than cereal crops.
Various types of goods are manufactured in Delhi, the main industries here are television, tapeboarders, engineering, accessories, machines, motor vehicle parts, sports goods, bicycles, PVC. Items made from footwear, footwear, textiles, fertilizers, medicines, leather goods, software, etc. are prominent.
Due to people coming from different provinces and classes, the culture traditions, garb, faith, etc. of Delhi are all different. There are many markets for different types of handicrafts and arts of handicrafts including Pragati Maidan, The main ones are Delhi, Delhi Haat, Hauz Khas, Rohini Haat. The annual book fair is held at Pragati Maidan. It is the second largest book fair in the world, which is attended by 23 nations of the world. About 1200 heritage sites in the city of Delhi have been declared by the Archaeological Survey of India, and 175 of these sites have been declared as National Heritage Sites. There are many government offices, government houses, and remnants and buildings of the British era. Among the most important buildings of Delhi are Rashtrapati Bhavan, Central Secretariat, Rajpath, Parliament House and Vijay Chowk etc.
People from different states of the country reside in Delhi, so you will get to see different types of attire here. The people of Delhi mainly wear men's pant-kameez, T-shirt, kurta-pajama, jeans etc. in summer and women wear salwar or selective shirt-dupatta, salwar-kameez and salwar-suit etc. In winter, people here use woolen clothes like socks, sweaters, jackets and shawls.
- Safdar Jang Tomb Delhi History and Interesting Facts
- Red Fort Delhi History and Interesting Facts
- India Gate Delhi History and Interesting Facts
- Humayuns Tomb Delhi History and Interesting Facts
- Bara Gumbad Delhi History and Interesting Facts
- Siri Fort Delhi History and Interesting Facts
- Salimgarh Fort Delhi History and Interesting Facts
- Jahanpanah Fort Delhi History and Interesting Facts
- Purana Qila Delhi History and Interesting Facts
- Tughlakabad Fort Delhi History and Interesting Facts
- Mughal Garden Delhi History and Interesting Facts
- Rashtrapati Bhavan Delhi History and Interesting Facts
- Jantar Mantar Delhi History and Interesting Facts
- Lodi Garden Delhi History and Interesting Facts
- Qutub Minar Delhi History and Interesting Facts
- Chhatarpur Temple Delhi History and Interesting Facts
- Yogmaya Temple Delhi History and Interesting Facts
- Akshardham Temple Delhi History and Interesting Facts
- Kalkaji Temple Delhi History and Interesting Facts
- Digambar Jain Temple Delhi History and Interesting Facts
- Lotus Temple Delhi History and Interesting Facts
- Iskcon Temple Delhi History and Interesting Facts
- Birla Temple Delhi History and Interesting Facts
- Jama Masjid Delhi Delhi History and Interesting Facts
The capital of Delhi is New Delhi.
The current Lt. Governor/Administrator of Delhi is Anil Baijal (Lt. Governor).
Kathak is the main folk dance of Delhi.
The official language of Delhi is Hindi, English.
The state animal of Delhi is Blue cow and the state bird is House sparrow.
Delhi has a state flower Alfalfa Medicago sativa and a state tree Not yet designated.
Delhi is spread over an area of 1484 sq km with the total of districts.
Delhi was established on 1 November 1966, after which Delhi got the status of Union Territory of India.