Indian Navy Day Quick Facts
|Event Name||Indian Navy Day (भारतीय नौसेना दिवस)|
|Event Date||04 / December|
|Event Started||26 January 1950|
Indian Navy Day Brief
Indian Navy Day is celebrated across the country on 04 December every year. It is celebrated to commemorate the victory of the Indian Navy over the Pakistani Navy in the 1971 war.
More info about Indian Navy Day
Operation Trident was planned under the leadership of Navy Chief Admiral SM Nanda. The responsibility of this task was given to 25th Squadron Commander Babru Bhan Yadav. On 04 December 1971, the Navy launched the first attack on the Pakistan Naval Headquarters in Karachi.
Several ships, including the Ammunition Supply Ship, were destroyed. During this, the oil tankers of Pakistan were also destroyed. The flames at the Karachi oil depot could be seen from a distance of 60 kms. The fire at Karachi's oil depot could not be doused for seven days and seven nights.
History of Indian Navy:
The Navy is the maritime arm of the Indian Army which is commanded by the Ministry of Home Affairs. The current Chairman of the Indian Navy is Admiral Sunil Lanba. The headquarters of the Navy is in the national capital Delhi.
The Indian Marine was formed in 1613 as the fighting force of the East India Company, which was renamed the "Bombay Marine" in 1685, but it remained until 1830. On 08 September 1934 the Indian Legislative Council passed the Indian Naval Discipline Act and then it was renamed as Royal Indian Navy.
The Navy expanded during World War II and the number of officers and soldiers reached around 30,000. At present, the Indian Navy is the fifth largest navy in the world, with 79,000 troops.
Navy Day Celebrations:
Navy Day celebrations are organized by Eastern Naval Command at Visakhapatnam. After laying a wreath in the memory of the martyred sailors on Navy Day, a spectacular display of submarine ships, ships, is performed, which is also attended by a large number of local people.
Ships inducted in the Indian Navy Fleet
- Aircraft carrier: Vikramaditya, Viraat.
- Destroyer/Destroyer: Delhi Category, Rajput Category, Kolkata Category.
- Frigates: Shivalik range- Shivalik, Satpura, Sahyadri.
- Sword Category: Talwar, Trishul, Tabar, Teg, Tarkash, Trikand.
- Brahmaputra Range: Brahmaputra, Beas, Betwa.
- Godavari Range: Godavari, Gomti, Ganga.
- Eucalyptus range (Leander).
- Kora range: Kora, Kirch, Kulish, Karmuk.
- Khukri Category: Kirpan, Kuthar, Dagger, Khukri.
- Heroic Category: Brave, Fearless, Clear, Nishank, Nirghat, Vibhuti, Vipul, Destruction, Electricity, Destroyer, Catastrophe, Strong.
- Abhay Category: Abhay, Ajay, Akshay, Agray.
- Project 28: Kamorta.
- Sindhughosh Category: Sindhughosh, Sindhudhwaj, Sindhuraj, Sindhuveer, Sindhuratna, Sindhukesari, Sindhukirti, Sindhuvijaya, Sindhurakshak, Sindhurashtra.
- Shishumar Category: Shishumar, Shankush, Shalki, Shankul.
- Foxtrot Category, Scorpene Category.
- Nuclear submarines.
- Akula category: In addition to the chakra, many others are also included.
|Day||Event Name - Event Level|
|01 December||World AIDS Day - International|
|02 December||International Slave Eradication Day - International|
|03 December||World Disability Day - International|
|04 December||Indian Navy Day - National|
|05 December||World Soil Day - International|
|05 December||International Volunteer Day - International|
|07 December||International Civil Aviation Day - International|
|09 December||International Anti-Corruption Day - International|
|10 December||International Human Rights Day - International|
|11 December||International Mountains Day - International|
|14 December||National Energy Conservation Day - National|
|16 December||National Victory Day - National|
|18 December||International Minority Rights Day - International|
|20 December||International Human Unity Day - International|
|22 December||National Mathematics Day - National|
|23 December||National Farmers Day - National|
|24 December||National Consumer Day - National|
|25 December||Jesus Christ Jayanti - International|