National Mathematics Day Quick Facts
|Event Name||National Mathematics Day (राष्ट्रीय गणित दिवस)|
|Event Date||22 / December|
National Mathematics Day Brief
National Mathematics Day is celebrated every year across the country on 22nd December in the memory of the great Indian mathematician Srinivasa Iyengar Ramanujan.
National Mathematics Day History
The then Prime Minister of India, Dr. Manmohan Singh paid tribute to Srinivasa Ramanujam at a program organized on the occasion of 125th anniversary of the great mathematician Srinivasa Iyengar Ramanujan in Chennai on 22 December 2012. National Mathematics Year 2012 and Ramanujan's birthday on 22 December. Mathematics day was declared.
National Mathematics Day Objective
The purpose of celebrating this day is to inspire students and youth in the country to study mathematics.
More info about National Mathematics Day
Biography and Important Facts of Sri Niwas Ramanujan:
- Sri Niwas Ramanujan was born on 22 December 1887 in the town of Erode, 400 km from Madras.
- His father's name was Srinivasa Iyengar and mother's name was Komal Tammal.
- Ramanujan was born in a poor South Indian Brahmin family.
- Ramanujan ji had a lot of interest in mathematics since childhood.
- He had secured first position in the entire district in the primary examination of mathematics.
- Ramanujan was given the "K. Ranganatha Rao Award" in 1904 for his incomparable contribution to mathematics.
- Srinivasa Ramanujan took the entrance examination of Madras University in 1905 and failed in all subjects except mathematics.
- The government college where Srinivasa Ramanujan failed twice while studying, later that college was renamed as Niwas Ramanujan.
- He was married in the year 1908 with a girl named Janaki.
- After this, Ramanujan ji took the job of a clerk in the office of 'Madras Trust Port'.
- When Ramanujan ji used to do his job, he used to sit and solve maths problems in his spare time.
- When his officer came to know about this, he told this to the great mathematician of England, Professor G. Told H. Hardy.
- Professor G. H. Hardy called Ramanujan to England and introduced him to great mathematicians.
- After this, the famous institution of England 'Royal Society' honored Ramanujan in the year 1918 by making him its fellow. He was the first person to be honored with this honor in the whole of Asia.
- For his wonderful work on number theory of Ramanujan, he is considered as the 'magician of numbers'.
- Ramanujan died on 26 April 1920 at the age of 33.
Important Days of December Month - (National Days and International Days):
|Day||Event Name - Event Level|
|01 December||World AIDS Day - International|
|02 December||International Slave Eradication Day - International|
|03 December||World Disability Day - International|
|04 December||Indian Navy Day - National|
|05 December||World Soil Day - International|
|05 December||International Volunteer Day - International|
|07 December||International Civil Aviation Day - International|
|09 December||International Anti-Corruption Day - International|
|10 December||International Human Rights Day - International|
|11 December||International Mountains Day - International|
|14 December||National Energy Conservation Day - National|
|16 December||National Victory Day - National|
|18 December||International Minority Rights Day - International|
|20 December||International Human Unity Day - International|
|22 December||National Mathematics Day - National|
|23 December||National Farmers Day - National|
|24 December||National Consumer Day - National|
|25 December||Jesus Christ Jayanti - International|