Argentina has a different place in the geography of the world. There are many things in this country that differentiate this country from other countries such as language, living, clothing, culture, religion, business. Lets learn about some such unique facts related to the Argentina and important events related to Argentina history, knowing that your knowledge will increase.
Argentina Country Profile
|Founder||Jose de San Martin|
The earliest recorded human presence in modern-day Argentina dates back to the Paleolithic period. The Inca Empire expanded to the northwest of the country in pre-Columbian times. The country has roots in the Spanish colony of the region during the 16th century. Argentina emerged as the successor state of the Viceroy of Rio de la Plata, a Spanish foreign viceroy founded in 1780. The Declaration and Fight for Independence (1810–1818) followed an extended civil war, lasting until 1861, culminating in the reorganization of the country as a capital city of a province with Buenos Aires as its capital city.
Argentina is located in southern South America, with a mainland surface area of 2,780,400 km2, which shares land borders with Chile across the Andes to Bolivia and Paraguay in the north; 9,376 km to Brazil, Uruguay in the northeast and the South Atlantic Ocean to the east and the boundary line to the south. Its coastal range is 5,117 km long over the Rio de la Plata and the South Atlantic Ocean.
Benefiting from rich natural resources, a highly literate population, a diverse industrial base, and an export-oriented agricultural sector, Argentina's economy is the third largest in Latin America, and the second largest in South America. The reach of bio-security in Argentina is much higher than the world average. In 2016, Argentina had 6.8 global hectares of bio-global per capita in its region, which is much higher than the world's average of 1.6 global hectares per capita. In 2016, Argentina used 3.4 global hectares of bio-global per capita.
The official language of the country is Spanish, spoken by almost all Argentina. The country is the largest Spanish-speaking society that universally employs Vosso, using tu ("you") instead of the pronoun pronunciation, which also enforces the use of alternative verb forms. Due to the broad Argentinean geography, there is a strong variation between Spanish regions, although the prevalent dialect is the Rheoplatens, mainly spoken in the La Plata Basin.
Argentina Important Facts
- Argentina, officially called the Republic of Argentina, is a sovereign country located on the continent of South America.
- Argentina is bordered by Bolivia and Paraguay in the north, Uruguay and Brazil in the east, and Chile in the west.
- Argentina gained independence from Spain on 9 July 1816.
- The total area of Argentina is 2,780,400 sq km. (1,073,500 sq mi).
- Argentina is the second largest country in the continent of South America in terms of area and population.
- The official language of Argentina is Spanish.
- The currency of Argentina is named Peso.
- According to the World Bank, the total population of Argentina in 2016 was 4.38 crore.
- Argentina was the first country in Latin or South America to approve gay marriage in 2010.
- Argentina is the second highest anorexia in the world after Japan and 1 in every 8 patients treated is male.
- In Argentina, political parties have their own brands of beer.
- Argentina is the third largest producer of beef in the world. It produces 2.8 to 3.5 million tonnes annually.
- Argentina was one of the first countries in the world to broadcast radio. The first relay was built on 27 August 1920.
- The Perito Moreno Glacier in Patagonia is the third largest freshwater reserve in the world.
- Yerba Mate is the national drink of Argentina.
Argentina Important History Events
- 15 December 1516 - After the discovery of the South American country of Argentina, the first group of immigrants from Spain reached this place. Thus Spain's authority over this country began.
- 01 september 1529 - Sancti Spiritu, the first European settlement in Argentina, wasdestroyed by local natives.
- 02 february 1536 - An expedition to the New World led by Spanish conquist adorPedro de Mendoza founded what is now Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- 04 October 1725 - Rosario was founded in Argentina.
- 03 July 1778 - Persia declared war against Argentina.
- 27 june 1806 - British forces took Buenos Aires during the first British invasions of the River Plate. The British invasions of the River Plate were a series of unsuccessful British attempts to seize control of the Spanish colonies located around the La Plata Basin in South America (today part of Argentina and Uruguay). The invasions took place between 1806 and 1807, as part of the Napoleonic Wars, when Spain was an ally of France.
- 25 may 1810 - The Primera Junta, the first independent government in Argentina, was established in an open cabildo in Buenos Aires, marking the end of the May Revolution.
- 07 june 1810 - Journalist Mariano Moreno published Argentina's firstnewspaper, the Gazeta de Buenos Ayres.
- 27 february 1812 - Manuel Belgrano raised the Flag of Argentina, which hedesigned, for the first time in the city of Rosario, during theArgentine War of Independence.
- 31 January 1814 - Gervacio Antonio de Posadas was elected the chief director of Argentina.
Populated Cities of Argentina
Vera, San Justo, San Carlos de Bariloche, Juan Jose Castelli, Trelew, Villa Maria, Reconquista, Chamical, Mendoza, Zarate, Rafaela, Pergamino, Olavarria, Rio Gallegos, Chos Malal, Junin, San Antonio Oeste, Tucuman, Presidencia Roque Saenz Pena, Lujan, Campana, Necochea, El Calafate, Gualeguaychu, Las Lomitas, Comallo, San Ramon de la Nueva Oran, General Roca, Venado Tuerto, Goya, Carhue, Pedro Luro, Rodeo, Villa Carlos Paz, La Plata, Concepcion del Uruguay, Rinconada, Las Heras, Puerto Madryn, Ingeniero Guillermo N. Juarez, Tartagal, Chepes, Viedma, San Francisco, Tinogasta, San Pedro, Ushuaia, Punta Alta, Ingeniero Jacobacci, General Pico, Gastre, Mar del Plata, Chivilcoy, Azul, Rio Tercero, 28 de Noviembre, Mercedes, Sarmiento, Salta, Telsen, Mercedes, Libertador General San Martin, Santa Fe, Cutral Co, San Lorenzo, Tres Arroyos, Abra Pampa, San Juan, Victorica, Villa Constitucion, La Paz, San Luis, Comandante Fontana, El Maiten, Comondante Luis Piedrabuena, Alta Gracia, San Antonio de los Cobres, Resistencia, Perito Moreno, Posadas, Santiago del Estero, Bell Ville, Nueve de Julio, Chacabuco, Darregueira, Corrientes, Gualeguay, Puerto Deseado, Rio Grande, Mercedes, San Salvador de Jujuy, Villa Angela, General Conesa, Pampa del Infierno, Villalonga, Bahia Blanca, Coronel Suarez, Rawson, Parana, Chumbicha,
5 Neighbour countries of Argentina
Bolivia [L] , Brazil [L] , Chile [LM] , Paraguay [L] , Uruguay [LM] ,
International Border Definition: L = Land Border (भूमि सीमा)| M = Maritime Border (समुद्री सीमा)
List of famous people of Argentina
|Birth Year||Death Year||Name / Gender / Category / Country|
|1953||Cristina Fernandez De Kirchner / Female / Politician / Argentina|