Mexico has a different place in the geography of the world. There are many things in this country that differentiate this country from other countries such as language, living, clothing, culture, religion, business. Lets learn about some such unique facts related to the Mexico and important events related to Mexico history, knowing that your knowledge will increase.
Mexico Country Profile
|Founder||Miguel Hidalgoy Costilla|
Mexico has the earliest human artifacts, chips of stone tools found near campfire remnants in the Valley of Mexico and circa-dated to circa 10,000 years ago. Mexico is a site dominated by corn, tomatoes, and legumes, which produced agricultural surpluses. This enabled the transition of Paleo-Indian hunter-gatherers into sedentary agricultural villages starting around 5000 BCE. In the later epochs, maize cultivation and cultural traits, such as a mythological and religious complex, and a vigacimal (base 20) numerical system, were spread from Mexican cultures to the rest of the Mesoamerican culture region. In this period, the villages became dense in terms of population, socially stratified with an artisan class and developed into dominant ones. The most powerful rulers had religious and political power, orchestrating the creation of large formal centers developed.
Nearly all of Mexico is located in the North American Plate, with small portions of the Baja California Peninsula on the Pacific and Cocos plates. Geophysically, some geographers include the region of Isthmus of Tehuntepec (about 12% of the total) within Central America. However, with Canada and the United States, geographically, Mexico is considered part of North America as a whole. Mexico has a total area of 1,972,550 sq km, making it the 13th largest country in the world with a total area. It forms the Pacific Ocean and the Gulf of California as well as the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean Sea, the latter two parts of the Atlantic Ocean. There are approximately 6,000 km2 (2,317 sq mi) of islands within these seas (including the Far Pacific Guadalupe Islands and the Reviligado Islands). From its farthest land points, Mexico is a little over 2,000 miles (3,219 km) in length.
As of April 2018, Mexico has the 15th largest GDP (US $ 1.15 trillion) and the 11th largest by purchasing power parity (US $ 2.45 trillion). The annual average growth of GDP was 2.9% in 2016 and 2% in 2017. Agriculture comprises 4% of the economy over the last two decades, while industry contributes 33% (mostly automotive, oil and electronics) and services (especially financial services and services) tourism contribute 63%. Mexico's GDP per capita was US $ 18,714.05 in PPP. The World Bank reported in 2009 that the country's gross national income at market exchange rates was the second highest in Latin America, after Brazil at US $ 1,830.392 billion, leading to a per capita income of $ 15,311 in the region. Mexico is now firmly established as a high-middle-income country. After the 2001 recession, the country has recovered and increased by 4.2, 3.0 and 4.8 percent in 2004, 2005 and 2006, even though it is considered below Mexico's potential growth.
Spanish is the de facto national language spoken by the majority population, making Mexico the world's most populous Hispanophone country. Mexican Spanish refers to the varieties of language spoken in the country. As of writing, the Spanish Royal Academy serves as the primary guideline for spelling, except for words of Amerindian origin that retain their original phonology such as konjontal rather than cyanozont and Mexico not mezico.
Mexico Important Facts
- Mexico is officially called the United States of Mexico, a country located on the continent of North America.
- Mexico borders the United States to the north, the Pacific Ocean to the southwest, Guatemala, Belize and the Caribbean Sea to the south, and the Gulf of Mexico to the east.
- Mexico was proclaimed independence in Spain on 15 September 1810, and on 27 September 1821, Mexico was freed after a planetary war.
- The total area of Mexico is 1,972,550 sq km. (761,610 sq mi).
- The recognized language of Mexico is Spanish.
- The currency of Mexico is named Peso.
- According to the World Bank, the total population of Mexico in 2016 was 1275 million.
- The religion of most people in Mexico is Christian.
- The highest mountain in Mexico is Pico de orizaba, which is 5,636 meters high.
- Mexico's longest river is the Rio Grande, with a length of 3,051 km. , And the largest lake is Lake Chapala, which is 1,100 sq km. Spreads over an area of.
- Mexico has the second youngest rabbit in the world, called the Volcano Rabbit. It is also famous by the name of teporingo and zacatuche.
- A planetary war took place in Mexico in 1910 under the leadership of Emiliano Zapata and Pancho Villa against the dictator Porfirio Díaz. It lasted for 10 years with more than 1 million people receiving death.
- The first printing press in Mexico was opened in 1539, the first printing press in the whole of North America.
- The Great Pyramid of Cholula is located in Mexico, the world's largest pyramid, Cholula, it is also the largest monument ever in the world.
- One of the seven wonders of the world in Mexico is the El Castillo Pyramid, also known as the Temple of Kukulcan.
Mexico Important History Events
- 22 april 1519 - Spanish conquistador Hernán Cortés established a settlementin Mexico, naming it 'Villa Rica de la Vera Cruz' ('Rich village of theTrue Cross').
- 24 june 1531 - The city of San Juan del Río, Mexico, is founded. The city was founded on the Feast of Saint John the Baptist by Fernado de Tapia, an Otomí chieftain that converted to Catholicism and dropped his Native name Conín. San Juan was one of the first Spanish settlements outside the Valley of Mexico and thus marked the beginning of the colonization of Northern and Western Mexico.
- 23 september 1568 - Anglo–Spanish War-At San Juan de Ulúa (in modern Veracruz,Mexico), Spanish naval forces forced English privateers to halt theirillegal trade.
- 24 june 1571 - Miguel Lopes de Legazpi founded Manila, the capital of the Republic of the Philippines. Miguel López de Legazpi, also known as El Adelantado and El Viejo, was a Basque Spanish navigator and governor who established the first Spanish settlement in the East Indies when his expedition crossed the Pacific Ocean from the Viceroyalty of New Spain in modern-day Mexico, and founded Cebu on the Philippine Islands in 1565.
- 20 january 1576 - León in Guanajuato, Mexico, was founded by order of ViceroyMartín Enríquez de Almanza of New Spain.
- 17 december 1790 - The Aztec calendar stone now a symbol of modern Mexican culture, was excavated in the Zócalo, Mexico City main square.
- 22 july 1793 - Two days after becoming the first recorded person to complete atranscontinental crossing of North America north of Mexico, Scottishexplorer Alexander Mackenzie reached the westernmost point of his journey and inscribed his name on a rock.
- 16 september 1810 - Mexico achieves independence from Spain after 300 years of Spanish Colonial Rule.
- 06 November 1813 - Mexico gained independence from Spain.
- 24 august 1821 - The Treaty of Córdoba was signed in Córdoba, Veracruz,ratifying the Plan of Iguala and concluding Mexico's War of Independencefrom Spain.
Populated Cities of Mexico
San Luis Potosi, Ayutla, Apatzingan, Atlixco, Guasave, Merida, Queretaro, Lagos de Moreno, Villa Ahumada, Ciudad Guzman, Halacho, Tecoman, Cuauhtemoc, Tula, Cuencame, Mexicali, Aguascalientes, Agua Prieta, Tampico, Cuernavaca, Salina Cruz, Culiacan, Ciudad Mante, Chihuahua, Mitla, Saltillo, Cozumel, Tamazunchale, Acapulco, Rio Verde, Matehuala, Juchitan, Jaltipan, Morelia, Ciudad Hidalgo, Guamuchil, Hermosillo, Veracruz, Linares, Caborca, Nuevo Casas Grandes, San Quintin, Cancun, Matamoros, San Pedro de las Colonias, Taxco, Oaxaca, Punta Prieta, Tlaxcala, Mazatlan, Reynosa, Valladolid, Tuxtla Gutierrez, Huajuapan de Leon, Autlan, Progreso, Durango, Xalapa, Villahermosa, Tehuantepec, Montemorelos, Cabo San Lucas, Tizimin, Guadalajara, Gomez Palacio, Ciudad Constitucion, Celaya, Esperanza, Ciudad Camargo, Monterrey, Mazatlan, Nueva Rosita, Orizaba, La Barca, Panuco, Nuevo Laredo, Irapuato, Cananea, Tenosique, Parras, Sabinas Hidalgo, Pachuca, Petatlan, Tepic, Ticul, Huatabampo, Ometepec, San Fernando, Nautla, Ciudad Obregon, Coatzacoalcos, Escuinapa, Ciudad Victoria, Champoton, Uruapan, Tuxpan, Ensenada, Poza Rica de Hidalgo, Zumpango, Los Mochis,
5 Neighbour countries of Mexico
Belize [LM] , Cuba [M] , Guatemala [LM] , Honduras [M] , United States of America [LM] ,
International Border Definition: L = Land Border (भूमि सीमा)| M = Maritime Border (समुद्री सीमा)