Monaco has a different place in the geography of the world. There are many things in this country that differentiate this country from other countries such as language, living, clothing, culture, religion, business. Lets learn about some such unique facts related to the Monaco and important events related to Monaco history, knowing that your knowledge will increase.
Monaco Country Profile
The early history of Monaco is primarily concerned with the protective and strategic value of the main geological milestones of the Rock's area of Monaco. Part of the history of Liguria since the fall of the Roman Empire, the region was contested primarily for political reasons from the 14th to the early 15th century. The Prince of Monaco was an absolute ruler until the Monagasc Revolution of 1910 forced him to declare a constitution in 1911.
Monaco is a sovereign country, with five quarters and ten wards, located on the French Riviera in Western Europe. It is bordered by the French Alps-Maritimes department on three sides, the Mediterranean Sea on one side. Its center is about 16 km from Italy and only 13 km north-east from Nice, France.
Monaco is not formally part of the European Union (EU), but it participates in some EU policies, including customs and border controls. Through its relations with France, Monaco uses the euro as its sole currency. Monaco joined the Council of Europe in 2004, and is a member of the organization Internationale de la Francophonie (OIF). It is also the birthplace of the annual Street Circuit Motor Race Monaco Grand Prix, one of Formula One's original Grand Prix and the driver of the Scaderia Ferrari, Charles Lechler. The principality has a club football team, AS Monaco, which competes in the French Ligue 1, and has become the French champion on several occasions. A center of research in marine conservation, Monaco is one of the world's first protected marine habitats, an Oceanographic Museum, and the International Atomic Energy Agency Environmental Labs which is the only marine laboratory in the United Nations structure.
The official language of Monaco is French, while the Italian language is spoken by the Italian major community of Italy. French and Italian are actually spoken more in the princely state than the historical princely language of Monargasque. A dialect of Ligurian, Monegasque is not recognized as an official language; Nevertheless, some signs appear in both French and Monegasque, and the language is taught in schools. English is used by American, British, Anglo-Canadian and Irish residents.
Monaco Important Facts
- Monaco is officially called the Principality of Monaco. It is a country located in the continent of Europe.
- Monaco is surrounded on three sides by France and on one side by the Mediterranean Sea.
- Monaco gained its independence from the Republic of Genoa on 08 January 1297 and passed the constitution in 1911.
- According to the last census of 2016, the total area of Monaco is 2.020 sq km. (0.780 sq mi).
- According to the 2016 census, it is the second smallest and most densely populated state in the world, with 19,200 km / s of inhabitants.
- The official language of Monaco is French.
- The name of Monaco's currency is Euro.
- According to the World Bank, the total population of Monaco in 2016 was 40.5 lakhs.
- In 2004, Monaco joined the Council of Europe.
- In 2014 about 30% of Monaco's population was millionaires, similar to Zurich and Geneva.
- Monaco is famous for its casino in Monte Carlo. However, Monaco residents are not allowed to gamble or even enter casinos.
- The national animal of Monaco is Crested Caracara.
- Dynathus is the national plant of Monaco.
- The flag of Monaco is very similar to the flag of Indonesia. The only difference is that the Indonesian flag is wider. The red and white colors of the flag are the heraldic colors of Grimaldi House.
- It is also the host of the annual Street Circuit Motor Race Monaco Grand Prix, one of Formula One's original Grand Prix.
Monaco Important History Events
- 07 january 1297 - Francesco Grimaldi, disguised as a monk, led his men to capture the fortress protecting the Rock of Monaco, establishing his family as the ruler of Monaco.
- 10 September 1889 - Albert Honoré Charles Grimaldi Albert I was made prince of Monaco.
- 09 may 1949 - Rainier III became Prince of Monaco, beginning a 56-year reign,which would make him one of the longest ruling monarchs of the 20thcentury.
- 19 April 1956 - American actress Grace Kelly married Rainier III to Prince Monaco.
- 14 September 1982 - Hollywood's famous actress and Princess of Monaco Grace Kelly was killed in a car accident in Motte Carlo.
- 12 july 2005 - Prince Albert II was enthroned as the current reigning monarch of Monaco.
- 11 february 2013 - The Parliament election that were held in Monaco with the Horizon Monaco Alliance that won by 50.3% of votes by Scoring 20 out of 24 seats in the country’s national council.
Populated Cities of Monaco
1 Neighbour countries of Monaco
France [LM] ,
International Border Definition: L = Land Border (भूमि सीमा)| M = Maritime Border (समुद्री सीमा)