Croatia has a different place in the geography of the world. There are many things in this country that differentiate this country from other countries such as language, living, clothing, culture, religion, business. Lets learn about some such unique facts related to the Croatia and important events related to Croatia history, knowing that your knowledge will increase.
Croatia Country Profile
Croats stepped into what is now known as Croatia in the seventh century. He organized the state. Tamislav I was crowned in 925 AD and became the Kingdom of Croatia. In 1918, Croatia announced its separation from Austria-Hungary and joined Yugoslavia as its co-founder. At the time of World War II, the Nazis established the independent state of Croatia, occupying the territory of Croatia. Croatia joined as the founding member of the second Yugoslavia after the war was over. On 25 June 1991, Croatia became a sovereign state, declaring independence.
Croatia is located on the coast of the Adriatic Sea in central and southeast Europe. It is bordered by Hungary to the north-east, Serbia to the east, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Montenegro to the southeast, and Slovenia to the northwest.A portion of the area to the extreme south around Dubrovnik is a practical flow connected to the rest of the mainland by territorial waters, but separated on land by a small coastal strip belonging to Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Croatia is classified by the World Bank as a high-income economy and very highly ranked on the Human Development Index. The economy is dominated by service and industrial sectors and agriculture. Tourism is an important source of revenue, Croatia is one of the 20 most popular tourist destinations in the world. Controls a portion of the country's economy, with substantial government expenditure. The European Union is Croatia's most important trading partner. Croatia offers social security, universal health care and tuition-free primary and secondary education while supporting the culture through numerous public institutions and corporate investments in media and publishing.
Croatian is the official language of Croatia and in 2013 became the 24th official language of the European Union on its use. Minority languages are in official use in local government units.
Croatia Important Facts
- Croatia, officially called the Republic of Croatia, is a country located in the southeast part of Europe.
- Croatia is bordered by Slovenia and Hungary to the north, Serbia to the northeast, Bosnia and Herzegovina to the east, and Montengro to the southeast.
- Unity in Croatia is a system of parliamentary constitutional republic.
- Croatia gained independence from Yugoslavia on 25 June 1991.
- The total area of Croatia is 56,594 sq km. (21,851 square miles).
- The official language of Croatia is Croatian.
- The currency of Croatia is named Kuna and the national flower of Croatia is Iris.
- According to the World Bank, the total population of Croatia in 2016 was 41.7 lakhs.
- Croatia has the highest number of UNESCO intangible goods of any European country with Spain.
- Tourism contributes 15% to the GDP of Croatia.
- The highest mountain in Croatia is the Dinara peak, which is 1,831 meters high.
- Hum 'is the world's smallest city Jolie is located in Croatia. With a population of only 21, the city is located in the center of Istria.
- Croatia has the second highest rate of immigration in the world. Ireland is ranked number one.
- The 6th largest amphitheater in the world is in Pula, Croatia.
- On 1 July 2013, Croatia became the 28th member country of the European Union.
Croatia Important History Events
- 21 may 879 - Pope John VIII officially recognised Croatia as an independentstate, and Branimir as its Duke.
- 08 october 1076 - Demetrius Zvonimir, the last native king who exerted any realpower over the entire Croatian state, was crowned.
- 10 november 1202 - The first major action of the Fourth Crusade and the firstattack against a Catholic city by Catholic crusaders, the Siege of Zara,began in Zadar, Croatia.
- 09 september 1493 - Ottoman Empire forces defeated the Croatian army at the Battleof Krbava Field.
- 22 june 1593 - Ottoman forces were crushingly defeated by the Habsburgs atSisak (now in Croatia), triggering the Long War.
- 13 June 1704 - Battle of Koronko: Austrian and Denmark, Prussia, Croatia, Germany defeated their allies and Vojvodina Kurux.
- 09 January 1792 - Jesse's treaty ended the Russian Empire's war with the Ottoman Empire over Croatia.
- 03 march 1924 - The Free State of Fiume, a short-lived independent free state located in the modern city of Rijeka, Croatia, was annexed by the Kingdom of Italy.
- 10 april 1941 - World War II-The Independent State of Croatia was established, with Ustaše leader Ante Pavelic as head of the puppet government of the Axis powers.
- 16 april 1941 - World War II-After the Axis invasion of Yugoslavia ten daysearlier, Ante Pavelic declared a new government in Croatia to be led by the fascist Ustaše.
Populated Cities of Croatia
Slavonski Brod, Osijek, Zagreb, Zadar, Pula, Karlovac, Sibenik, Dubrovnik, Split, Rijeka, Sisak, Bjelovar, Pozega, Virovitica, Pazin, Varazdin, Gospic, Vukovar, Krapina, Koprivnica, Cakovec,