Switzerland has a different place in the geography of the world. There are many things in this country that differentiate this country from other countries such as language, living, clothing, culture, religion, business. Lets learn about some such unique facts related to the Switzerland and important events related to Switzerland history, knowing that your knowledge will increase.
Switzerland Country Profile
There is evidence of La Tan civilization in Switzerland dating to 450 BC. It became part of the Roman Empire before 15 BC. It became independent from the Byzantine Empire in the fourth century and remained divided among many ancient kingdoms. After coming under France in 1798, Napoleon implemented the French Constitution here. It was later withdrawn. There was no specific attack on Switzerland in either of the two world wars. Lenin lived here until 1917 in the First World War. Switzerland's independence from the Holy Roman Empire was formally recognized in 1648 in the Peace of Westphalia.
In the south-east of the country are the Alps mountain ranges. There are many lakes in the country - the name of Lake Geneva is prominent among them. It is situated to the north east of Germany, France to the west, Italy to the south and Austria to the east. In the more populated northern part of the country, about 30% of the total area of the country is called Swiss Plateau. It is a more open and hilly landscape, partly in forests, partly in open pastures, usually with shepherds, or fields of vegetables and fruits, but it is still hilly. Large lakes are found here and the largest Swiss cities are in this region of the country.
Switzerland has a stable, prosperous and high-tech economy and has received great wealth, being one of the least corrupt countries in many countries, as well as being ranked as the world's wealthiest per capita in many rankings. is. It is the twentieth largest economy in the world with a nominal GDP and the thirty-fifth largest by purchasing power parity. It is the seventeenth largest exporter. Zurich and Geneva are considered as global cities, ranked as alpha and beta respectively. Basel is the capital of the pharmaceutical industry in Switzerland. With its world-class companies, Novartis and Roshe and many other players, it is also one of the world's most important centers for the life sciences industry.
he country has three official languages: German (the main language of the northern and central part), French (western part) and Italian (southern part) and a co-official language: Romansh (eastern part). Its province is called Canton.
Switzerland Important Facts
- Switzerland is officially called the Swiss Union. It is a sovereign country located in Central Europe.
- Switzerland is bordered by Italy to the south, France to the west, Germany to the north, and Austria and Liechtenstein to the east.
- The total area of Switzerland is 41,285 sq km. (15,940 sq mi).
- The official language of Switzerland is German, French, Italian and Romansh.
- The Swiss currency is named Swiss Franc.
- According to the World Bank, the total population of Switzerland in 2016 was 83.7 lakh.
- Switzerland is one of the world's largest chocolate exporters. Eighteen Swiss chocolate companies made 172,376 tonnes of chocolate in 2012.
- Switzerland has a square flag; The only other country that has a class flag is Vatican City.
- The highest point in Switzerland is Dufour Peak, which has a height of 15,199 feet (4,633 meters).
- Switzerland is one of the few countries in the world where suicide is legally recognized. Other countries are Belgium, Netherlands and the United States.
- Teaching is one of the highest paid professions in Switzerland. As of 2014, the average salary for a Swiss teacher was US $ 68,000 per year.
- Switzerland has the second longest life expectancy in the world after Japan.
- The world's first portable cassette player named Stereobelt was tested for the first time in St. Moritz, Switzerland.
- In 1989, Tim Berners-Lee invented the World Wide Web in Switzerland.
- The Rolex Company invented the first waterproof watch in Switzerland in the year 1927.
Switzerland Important History Events
- 30 april 1006 - SN 1006 , the brightest supernova in recorded history, first appeared in the constellation Lupus, and was then seen by observers in Switzerland, Egypt, China, Japan, and possibly North America within the next day.
- 15 november 1315 - A 1,500-strong force from the Swiss Confederacy ambushed agroup of Austrian soldiers of the Holy Roman Empire on the shores ofLake Ägerisee in Switzerland.
- 18 october 1356 - The most significant earthquake to have occurred in CentralEurope in recorded history destroyed Basel, Switzerland, and caused muchdestruction in a vast region extending into France and Germany.
- 29 November 1516 - France and Switzerland signed Freiburg's peace deal.
- 21 january 1525 - The Anabaptist Movement was born when founders Conrad Grebel, Felix Manz, and George Blaurock re-baptized each other and otherfollowers in Zürich, Switzerland, believing that the Christianreligious practice of infant baptism is invalid because a child cannotcommit to a religious faith.
- 06 September 1765 - At Jean-Jacques Russo's house, a mob in Switzerland strangled.
- 27 may 1799 - War of the Second Coalition-Austrian forces defeated theFrench and captured the strategically important town of Winterthur,Switzerland.
- 27 May 1799 - War of Winterthur: The Hobsberg army secured control of north-east Switzerland from the French army of the Danube.
- 02 September 1806 - An entire city of Switzerland was destroyed by landslides.
- 03 February 1815 - The first cheese production factory in the world opened in Switzerland.
Populated Cities of Switzerland
Sarnen, Altdorf, Basel, Biel, Stans, Saint Gallen, Glarus, Appenzell, Chur, Schaffhausen, Fribourg, Neuchatel, Sion, Bern, Lausanne, Luzern, Zug, Frauenfeld, Bellinzona, Aarau, Herisau, Solothurn, Schwyz, Liestal, Geneva, Delemont, Zurich, Lugano, Solothurn, Delemont, Aarau, Schaffhausen,
5 Neighbour countries of Switzerland
Austria [L] , France [L] , Germany [L] , Italy [L] , Liechtenstein [L] ,
International Border Definition: L = Land Border (भूमि सीमा)| M = Maritime Border (समुद्री सीमा)