Pi Day Quick Facts
|Pi Day ()
Pi Day Brief
Every year Pi Day (π) is celebrated all over the world on 3/14 i.e. March 14. The value of pi is 3.14, so March 14 is celebrated as Pi Day. Pi (π) i.e. 22/7 is an odd number.
Pi Day History
In 1988, the earliest known official or large-scale celebration of Pi Day was organized by Larry Shaw at the San Francisco Exploratorium, where Shaw worked as a physicist, including one of its staff and the public. The circle was marched around the spot, then the fruit pie was consumed.
More info about Pi Day
What is Pi?
Pi or π is a mathematical constant whose numerical value is equal to the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter. The use of the π symbol for this ratio was first suggested by William Jones in 1706. Its value is approximately equal to 3.14159265359.
This is an irrational amount. Pi is one of the most important mathematical and physical constants. Om appears in many sources of mathematics, science and engineering. Many important formulas in mathematics, science and engineering are based on it. In geometry, the ratio of the length of the circumference of a circle to the length of the diameter is called pi.
In each circle, this ratio is 3.141, but the whole number after the decimal has not yet been calculated, so it is considered infinite.
Important facts about Pi Day:
March 14, 3/14 This date, especially for math lovers, represents the special date (3.14), a π special symbol of mathematics. which represents the ratio of the circumference of a circle and its diameter/radius π .
Although the need for this ratio and the research related to it had been going on for a long time, but this symbol (π) was first used by William Jones in 1706, but it was popularized in 1737 by the Swiss mathematician Leonard Euler. Got it after The idea of 'Pi Day' was first propounded by Larry Shaw in 1989.
- On Pi Day of 2009, the U.K. s. The House of Representatives recognized this date as 'National Pie Day'.
- In 2010, Google also ensured its acceptance and participation in the event by presenting a doodle on its home page featuring the symbols of circle and pie on this date.
- Another date adjacent to this date is 22 July or 22/7 which is celebrated as 'Pi Approximation Day' which is similar to the value of pi in the Fraction System.
- The 'Pi Minute' is also included in the series of interesting elements of mathematics when on March 14 at 1:59:26 AM / PM seven decimal values of pi are obtained i.e. 3.1415926.
- The tradition of organizing discussion and discussion on the use, importance etc. of pie on this occasion is being established all over the world. While coincidentally it is also the birthday (14 March 1879) of the eminent physicist and thinker Albert Einstein. We can only imagine his state of mind given the catastrophic possibilities associated with it in today's scenario for the creative use of nuclear energy he had dreamed of. Salute to the great man of science.
|Event Name - Event Level
|World Wildlife Day - International Day
|National Safety Day - National Day
|International Women's Day - International Day
|World Kidney Day - International Day
|Pi Day - International Day
|World Consumer Rights Day - International Day
|National Immunization Day - National Day
|Ordnance Manufacturing Day - National Day
|International Abolition Day - International Day
|World Forest Day - International Day
|World Poetry Day - International Day
|World Puppetry Day - International Day
|World Water Day - International Day
|World Meteorological Day - International Day
|world Tuberculosis Day - International Day
|World Theater Day - International Day