World Kidney Day Quick Facts
|Event Name||World Kidney Day (विश्व किडनी दिवस)|
|Event Date||11 / March|
|Observed by||International Society of Nephrology (ISN) and International Federation of Kidney Foundation (IFKF)|
World Kidney Day Brief
Every year 'World Kidney Day' or 'World Kidney Day' is celebrated all over the world on the second Thursday of March.
World Kidney Day History
World Kidney Day's main objective of this day, which started celebrated in 2006, is to make people aware of kidney-related diseases and to diagnose the problem. It was decided to celebrate this day by the International Society of Kidney Diseases and the International Society of Nephrology in view of the increasing number of kidney diseases. It is celebrated every year on the second Thursday of March.
- It is a Joint initiative of the International Society for Nephrology (ISN) and The International Federation of Foundations (IFKF).
- It is noteworthy that ISN was established in the year 1960.
- ISN is a non-profit membership organization primarily of Nephrologists that represents nephrology medicine internationally and is dedicated to the treatment and prevention of kidney disease.
- At the same time, IFKF is working on all continents around the world for the treatment and prevention of disease.
- It was established in the year 1999.
World Kidney Day Objective
World Kidney Day is a global health awareness campaign aimed at reducing kidney disease and related health problems and spreading awareness about the importance of the kidney.
More info about World Kidney Day
Major causes of kidney/kidney diseases: Following are some of the reasons that kidney diseases develop:-
- Birth defects.
- Urinary obstruction.
- Systemic disease.
Symptoms of kidney/kidney diseases: The signs and symptoms of kidney/kidney diseases can be as follows:-
- Burning or pain during urination.
- Increased amount of urine.
- Blood in urine
- Wetting the bed
- Swelling (called edema) around the eyes, face, feet, and ankles.
- Bloody diarrhoea/diarrhoea.
- Loss of appetite.
- Stomach ache.
|Day||Event Name - Event Level|
|03 March||World Wildlife Day - International|
|04 March||National Safety Council - National|
|08 March||International Womens Day - International|
|11 March||World Kidney Day - International|
|14 March||Pi Day - International|
|15 March||World Consumer Rights Day - International|
|16 March||National Immunization Day - National|
|18 March||Ordnance Manufacturing Day - National|
|21 March||International Abolition Day - International|
|21 March||World Forest Day - International|
|21 March||World Poetry Day - International|
|21 March||World Puppetry Day - International|
|22 March||World Water Day - International|
|23 March||World Meteorological Day - International|
|24 March||world Tuberculosis day - International|
|27 March||World Theater Day - International|