World Kidney Day Quick Facts
|Event Name||World Kidney Day ()|
|Event Level||International Day|
|Observed by||International Society of Nephrology (ISN) and International Federation of Kidney Foundations (IFKF)|
World Kidney Day Brief
Every year 'World Kidney Day' or 'World Kidney Day' is celebrated all over the world on the second Thursday of March.
World Kidney Day History
World Kidney Day's main objective of this day, which started celebrated in 2006, is to make people aware of kidney-related diseases and to diagnose the problem. It was decided to celebrate this day by the International Society of Kidney Diseases and the International Society of Nephrology in view of the increasing number of kidney diseases. It is celebrated every year on the second Thursday of March.
- It is a Joint initiative of the International Society for Nephrology (ISN) and The International Federation of Foundations (IFKF).
- It is noteworthy that ISN was established in the year 1960.
- ISN is a non-profit membership organization primarily of Nephrologists that represents nephrology medicine internationally and is dedicated to the treatment and prevention of kidney disease.
- At the same time, IFKF is working on all continents around the world for the treatment and prevention of disease.
- It was established in the year 1999.
World Kidney Day Objective
World Kidney Day is a global health awareness campaign aimed at reducing kidney disease and related health problems and spreading awareness about the importance of the kidney.
More info about World Kidney Day
Major causes of kidney/kidney diseases: Following are some of the reasons that kidney diseases develop:-
- Birth defects.
- Urinary obstruction.
- Systemic disease.
Symptoms of kidney/kidney diseases: The signs and symptoms of kidney/kidney diseases can be as follows:-
- Burning or pain during urination.
- Increased amount of urine.
- Blood in urine
- Wetting the bed
- Swelling (called edema) around the eyes, face, feet, and ankles.
- Bloody diarrhoea/diarrhoea.
- Loss of appetite.
- Stomach ache.
|Day||Event Name - Event Level|
|03 March||World Wildlife Day - International Day|
|04 March||National Safety Day - National Day|
|08 March||International Women's Day - International Day|
|11 March||World Kidney Day - International Day|
|14 March||Pi Day - International Day|
|15 March||World Consumer Rights Day - International Day|
|16 March||National Immunization Day - National Day|
|18 March||Ordnance Manufacturing Day - National Day|
|21 March||International Abolition Day - International Day|
|21 March||World Forest Day - International Day|
|21 March||World Poetry Day - International Day|
|21 March||World Puppetry Day - International Day|
|22 March||World Water Day - International Day|
|23 March||World Meteorological Day - International Day|
|24 March||world Tuberculosis Day - International Day|
|27 March||World Theater Day - International Day|