Rwanda has a different place in the geography of the world. There are many things in this country that differentiate this country from other countries such as language, living, clothing, culture, religion, business. Lets learn about some such unique facts related to the Rwanda and important events related to Rwanda history, knowing that your knowledge will increase.
Rwanda Country Profile
|Formation||July 1, 1962|
Hunter-gatherers settled the region in the Stone and Iron Ages, later followed by the Bantu people. The population first accumulated in the clans and then in the states. The state of Rwanda was dominated by the middle of the eighteenth century, the Tutsi kings militarily conquered others, in 1916 during World War I, Belgium invaded this country. Both European countries ruled through kings and implemented Tutsi policy. The Hutu population revolted in 1959. He massacred many Tutsi. After this, Belgium invaded this country in 1916 during the First World War. An independent, Hutu-dominated republic was eventually established in 1962.
Rwanda has a total area of 26,338 sq km of the country, making it the 149th largest country in Nia, and the fourth smallest country on the mainland of Africa after Gambia, Eswatini and Djibouti (Gambia, Eswatini, and Djibouti). The lowest point of this country is the Rasaji River located at an altitude of 950 meters (3,117 ft) above sea level. Wanda is located in Central / East Africa, and is bounded by the Democratic Republic of Congo in the west, Uganda in the north, Tanzania in the north and Burundi in the south. The capital Kigali is located near the center of Rwanda.
Per Capita Gross Domestic Product (PPP) in 2019 is estimated at per capita gross domestic product (PPP) compared to $ 444 in 2019, with $ 416. The major export markets include China, Germany and the United States. The economy of this country is managed by the Central National Bank of Rwanda. The currency here is the Rwanda Franc. In December 2019, the exchange rate was 910 francs for one United States dollar. The largest radio and television stations are operated by the state, and most newspapers are owned by the government. This country is growing at a slow pace in technology because in October 2019, Mara Corporation launched the first African-made smartphone in Rwanda.
The main language of the country is Kinnarwanda, which is spoken by almost all Rwandans. The major European languages during the colonial era were German, though it was never taught or widely used, and then French, introduced by Belgium from 1916 and an official and widely spoken after independence in 1962 Known language remained. Dutch was also spoken. The return of English-speaking Rwandan refugees in the 1990s added a new dimension to the linguistic diversity of the country. Kinnarwanda, English, French and Swahili are all official languages. Kinnarwanda is the national language while English is the primary medium of instruction in secondary and tertiary education.
Rwanda Important Facts
- Rwanda is officially a sovereign state in the Republic of Rwanda in Central and East Africa and one of the smallest countries on the African mainland.
- Rwanda borders Uganda in the north, Democratic Republic of Congo in the northwest, Burundi in the south and Tanzania in the east.
- Rwanda was granted complete independence by Belgium on 1 July 1962.
- The total area of Rwanda is 26,338 sq km. (10,169 square miles).
- The official languages of Rwanda are French, Kinyarwanda, English and Swahili.
- The currency of Rwanda is named Rwanda Franc.
- According to the World Bank, in 2016 the total population of Rwanda was 1.19 crore.
- The religion of most people in Rwanda is Christian.
- Rwanda has a predominantly temperate tropical climate that is lower than normal temperatures.
- The highest mountain in Rwanda is Mount Karisimbi, which has a height of 4,507 meters.
- The national animal of Rwanda is leopard.
- The national bird of Rwanda is the Shoebill.
Rwanda Important History Events
- 07 april 1994 - The Rwandan Genocide began, a few hours after the assassination of President Juvénal Habyarimana; an estimated 500,000–1,000,000Rwandan were killed in the following 100 days.
- 07 April 1994 - Rwanda's President Juvenal Heyvarimana and Burundi's President Cipriana Ntamita died in a rocket attack at Kigali Airport.
- 05 june 2000 - Six day war began in Kisangani. Kisangani is capital of Congo. The war was fought between Rwanda and Congo. The city was destroyed due to this war. This resulted in Rwandan victory. Congo faced more than thousand casualties.
- 06 october 2009 - Idelphonse Nizeyimana, one of the most wanted suspects who had a hand in the 1994 Rwandan Genocide, is captured in the Ugandan capital Kampala.
- 02 march 2010 - Agathe Habyarimana, the widow of Rwandan President Juvenal Habyarimana is arrested in France. She has been accused of helping plan the 1994 genocide.
- 14 july 2010 - Andre Kagwa, the senior Rwandan opposition politician Rwisereka has been found. He was reported missing. He was found with his head nearly severed off.
Populated Cities of Rwanda
Gitarama, Ruhengeri, Kigali, Gisenyi, Butare, Byumba, Kibuye, Kibungo, Nyanza, Cyangugu, Gikongoro, Rwamagana,