Pakistan has a different place in the geography of the world. There are many things in this country that differentiate this country from other countries such as language, living, clothing, culture, religion, business. Lets learn about some such unique facts related to the Pakistan and important events related to Pakistan history, knowing that your knowledge will increase.
Pakistan Country Profile
|Founder||Mohammad Ali Jinnah|
Pakistan was born in 1947 as a result of partition of India. In 1930, the poet (poet) Muhammad Iqbal first mentioned the two-nation theory. He talked of creating a new nation in the north-west of India by mixing Sindh, Balochistan, Punjab and Afghan (Suba-e-Sarhad). In 1933, Chaudhary Rahmat Ali, a student at the University of Cambridge, coined the term Pakstan (which later became Pakistan) for the people of Punjab, Sindh, Kashmir and Balochistan. From 1947 to 1970, Pakistan remained divided into two parts - East Pakistan and West Pakistan. As a result of the conflict with India in December 1971, East Pakistan became Bangladesh and West Pakistan became Pakistan.
The area of Pakistan is some 8,03,940 square kilometers which comes close to the combined area of Britain and France. It is ranked 36 in the world by area. Its maritime boundary line along the Arabian Sea is some 1046 km long. It has a total land border of 6,744 km - 2430 km with Afghanistan to the northwest, 909 km to Iran to the southeast, 512 km to China in the northeast (border with slave Kashmir). And 2912 km with India in the east. The northern region of Pakistan is mountainous. Many of the highest peaks of the Himalayan mountains are found here. The Sakra road passing through these is famous as the 'Khyber Pass'. The five rivers originating from India, Jhelum, Chenab, Ravi, Sutlej or Bias, when flowing from here, touch the flat land, creating a very fertile land known as the 'Punjab'. Their confluence towards the south forms the Indus River, whose valley is even more fertile. In the south, it meets the Arabian sea.
Pakistan is a developing country. By 2007, Pakistan's economy was declining at an annual rate of 7 percent. The currency here is the Pakistani rupee, which can be divided into money. The price of one US dollar is about 104 Pakistani rupees (2006). Till 2005, Pakistan had a foreign debt of US $ 240 billion, which is getting reduced due to loan waiver given by the US and financial support from other institutions, but now the US will not help Pakistan. The contribution of agriculture in the economy is decreasing here. Today agriculture accounts for only 2% of GDP while 3% comes from the services sector. But today due to political turmoil, it is on the verge of bankruptcy.
More than sixty languages are spoken in Pakistan, including many provincial languages. Urdu - the lingua franca and symbol of Muslim identity and national unity, is understood by over 75% of the national language of Pakistanis. It is the main medium of communication in the country but only 7% of the population of Pakistan is the primary language. Urdu and English are the official languages of Pakistan, mainly English is used in official business and government and in legal contracts. The local variety is known as Pakistani English. The Arabic language is officially recognized by the Constitution of Pakistan. This article 31 no. 2 declares that "the state shall endeavor, as will the Muslims of Pakistan (a) to make the teaching of the Holy Quran and Islamiyah compulsory, to encourage and facilitate the learning of the Arabic language..."
Pakistan Important Facts
- Pakistan is officially called the Islamic Republic of Pakistan which is located in the south of Asia.
- Pakistan borders India to the east, China to the northeast, Afghanistan to the west, Iran to the west-south and the Arabian Sea to the south.
- The partition of British India arose in the midnight of 14–15 August 1947, Pakistan was preceded by President Iskandar Mirza.
- The first woman Prime Minister of Pakistan was Benazir Bhutto, who was the first woman Prime Minister of a Muslim country.
- The total area of Pakistan is 881,913 sq km. (340,509 square miles).
- The official languages of Pakistan are Urdu and English.
- The currency of Pakistan is the Pakistani Rupee.
- According to the World Bank, the total population of Pakistan in 2016 was 19.32 crores.
- Islam is the religion of most people in Pakistan and Hindu is second.
- The highest mountain in Pakistan is Nanga Parbat (Nanga Parbat), whose height is 8,126 meters.
- The longest river of Pakistan is the Indus River, which has a length of 3,180 km.
- Pakistan is the second Islamic country after Turkey which has given women freedom to do jobs.
- Only two people have won Nobel Prizes in Pakistan, the first being given to Abdus Salam for Physics in 1979 and Malala Yousafzai for Peace in 2014.
- Sialkot based in Pakistan is the largest producer of hand made football in the world.
- Pakistan is the first Islamic country in the world, which on 28 May 1998, became the first Muslim nation to achieve nuclear power by conducting nuclear tests.
Pakistan Important History Events
- 24 June 1206 - Qutbuddin Aibak, the first Sultan of Delhi Sultanate, was crowned in Lahair (now Pakistan).
- 05 January 1592 - Mughal emperor Shahabuddin Mohammad Shah Jahan was born in Lahore (now Pakistan).
- 25 December 1876 - Mohammad Ali Jinnah, the founder of Pakistan and called Kaeda Azam, was born in Karachi.
- 14 October 1882 - The University of Punjab was established in modern Pakistan.
- 04 july 1887 - The founder of Pakistan, Quaid-i-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah joined Sindh-Madrasa-tul-Islam in Karachi. Sindh Madressatul Islam University is a university in Karachi in the Sindh province of Pakistan. It is a public university situated in the commercial centre of activity of Karachi.
- 12 november 1893 - Mortimer Durand, Foreign Secretary of British India, and AbdurRahman Khan, Amir of Afghanistan, signed the Durand Line Agreement,establishing what is now the international border between Afghanistanand Pakistan.
- 30 december 1906 - The All-India Muslim League, a political party in British India That developed into the driving force behind the creation of Pakistan asa Muslim state on the Indian subcontinent, was founded in Dhaka.
- 03 September 1906 - India's famous film actor Prithviraj Kapoor was born in Peshawar (now Pakistan).
- 30 December 1906 - The All India Muslim League was established in Dhaka, which later demanded Pakistan.
- 11 December 1922 - Bollywood actor and known as Tragedy King, Dilip Kumar was born in Peshawar, Pakistan.
Populated Cities of Pakistan
Chaman, Zhob, Islamabad, Quetta, Mansehra, Lahore, Bannu, Parachinar, Bahawalpur, Sargodha, Gwadar, Sialkote, Sukkur, Larkana, Sheikhu Pura, Mirput Khas, Kundian, Rahim Yar Khan, Kohat, Jhang, Gujrat, Mardan, Kasur, Faisalabad, Dera Ghazi Khan, Sahiwal, Nawabshah, Okara, Gilgit, Chiniot, Sadiqabad, Saidu, Rawalpindi, Multan, Gujranwala, Turbat, Hyderabad, Peshawar, Karachi, Abbottabad, Dera Ismail Khan,
5 Neighbour countries of Pakistan
Afghanistan [L] , China [L] , India [LM] , Iran [LM] , Oman [M] ,
International Border Definition: L = Land Border (भूमि सीमा)| M = Maritime Border (समुद्री सीमा)
List of famous people of Pakistan
|Birth Year||Death Year||Name / Gender / Category / Country|
|1953||2007||Benazir Bhutto / Female / Politician / Pakistan|
|1956||Fahmida Mirza / Female / Politician / Pakistan|
|1890||1988||Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan / male / Politician / Pakistan|
|1877||1938||Muhammad Iqbal / male / Author / Pakistan|
|1978||Kiran Baluch / Female / Player / Pakistan|