Russia has a different place in the geography of the world. There are many things in this country that differentiate this country from other countries such as language, living, clothing, culture, religion, business. Lets learn about some such unique facts related to the Russia and important events related to Russia history, knowing that your knowledge will increase.
Russia Country Profile
Modern Russian people are linked to the history of Slavic origins that came from the north and west sides. However, before that the empire of the Yavan (Hellenic) and Khazar Turks had been in southern Russia. Although people of many origins live in Russia today - Russians, Khazars, Tatars, Pols, Kazakhs, Cossacks - the history of people of Russian origin dates back to the time of the Eastern Slavs. After subjugating the Mongols of North China, the Russian army reached the coast of Japan and from then onwards the Russian Empire became so vast. After that the Russian Empire developed further.
Russia is the largest country in the world; Its total area is 17,075,200 square kilometers (6,592,800 square miles). This makes it larger than the continents of Oceania, Europe and Antarctica. Russia has an extensive natural resource base, which includes major deposits of wood, petroleum, natural gas, coal, ores and other mineral resources.
Russia has an upper-middle income mixed economy with enormous natural resources, particularly oil and natural gas. It is the 11th largest economy in the world by nominal GDP and the 6th largest by purchasing power parity (PPP). Since the 21st century, higher domestic consumption and greater political stability have accelerated economic development in Russia. The country ended its ninth straight year of growth in 2008, but growth slowed with the fall in oil and gas price. Real GDP per capita, PPP (current international) in 2010 was 19,840. The Russian central bank announced plans in 2013 to free the Russian ruble in 2015. According to a stress test conducted by the central bank, the Russian financial system will be able to handle a currency fall of 25% -30% without major central bank intervention.
185 ethnic groups of Russia speak more than 100 languages. According to the 2002 census, 142.6 million people speak Russian, followed by Tatar 5.3 million and Ukrainian 1.8 million speakers. Russian is the only official state language, Russian is the second most used language on the Internet after English, one of the two official languages aboard the International Space Station and one of the six official languages of the United Nations. In Russia, 35 languages have been officially recognized in various regions by local governments.
Russia Important Facts
- Russia is officially called the Russian Federation which lies to the north of Asia and to the east of Europe.
- Russia borders Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, China, North Korea, Finland, Norway, Estonia, Latvia, Belarus, Ukraine, Poland, and Lithuania.
- After the disintegration of the Soviet Union on 25 December 1991, Russia came as its successor, called the Russian Federation.
- The total area of Russia is 17,098,246 sq km. (6,601,670 sq mi) Russia is the largest country in the world by area.
- Russian is the official language of Russia.
- Russia's currency is named Russian Ruble. Its economy is the fourth largest economy in Asia.
- According to the World Bank, the total population of Russia in 2016 was 14.43 crore.
- The religion of most people in Russia is Orthodox Christianity.
- The most important ethnic groups in Russia are Russian, Tatar, and Ukrainian etc.
- Russia's climate is a humid continental climate.
- Russia's highest mountain is Mount Elbrus, which has a height of 5,642 meters.
- The longest river of Russia is the Volga River, with a length of 3,530 km.
- The world's first space satellite was launched by Russia (formerly the Soviet Union) on 4 October 1957, named Sputnik 1.
- Russia (formerly Soviet Union) sold Alaska to the US in 1867 for only $ 7.2 million dollars.
- Russia's Trans-Siberian Railroad is the largest railroad in the world starting from Moscow in the east and going west to Vladivostok with a total length of 9,258 km.
Russia Important History Events
- 15 july 1240 - Swedish–Novgorodian Wars-A Novgorodian army led by AlexanderNevsky defeated the Swedes on the Neva River near Ust-Izhora, present-day Russia.
- 20 september 1260 - The second of two major Prussian uprisings by the Prussiantribe of Balts began against the Teutonic Knights.
- 27 september 1422 - The Treaty of Melno was signed, establishing thePrussian–Lithuanian border, which afterwards remained unchanged forabout 500 years.
- 26 january 1564 - Livonian War-A Lithuanian surprise attack resulted in a decisive defeat of the numerically superior Russian forces.
- 08 july 1579 - Our Lady of Kazan, a holy icon of the Russian Orthodox Church,was discovered underground in Kazan, present-day Tatarstan, Russia.
- 16 May 1606 - Two thousand foreign nationals were killed in Russia.
- 04 july 1610 - Polish–Muscovite War: The out numbered forces of the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth defeated the Tsardom of Russia at the Battle of Klushino.
- 21 February 1613 - The rule of the Romanov dynasty was established in Russia.
- 11 December 1618 - A peace agreement was signed between Russia and Poland.
- 14 June 1634 - The Polianov peace deal was signed between Russia and Poland.
Populated Cities of Russia
Perm, Zelenodolsk, Vilyuysk, Novoshakhtinsk, Tuapse, Votkinsk, Serov, Volgograd, Balashov, Zheleznogorsk, Pokrovsk, Biryusinsk, Kuznetsk, Dombarovskiy, Igrim, Magadan, Novy Urengoy, Shira, Michurinsk, Nazran, Kineshma, Krasnoyarsk, Bugulma, Ust Nera, Novoaltaysk, Gatchina, Kirovo-Chepetsk, Yegoryevsk, Yeysk, Buzuluk, Suntar, Shchekino, Usolye Sibirskoye, Voronezh, Saratov, Yurga, Anzhero Sudzhensk, Olovyannaya, Troitsk, Kaspiysk, Asbest, Dalnegorsk, Klin, Vorkuta, Kropotkin, Shadrinsk, Uelen, Birobidzhan, Kamensk Shakhtinskiy, Buynaksk, Igarka, Yerema, Susuman, Georgievsk, Chusovoy, Chernogorsk, Volsk, Tolyatti, Belogorsk, Tuymazy, Borisoglebsk, Khandyga, Khanty Mansiysk, Ishim, Oktyabrskiy, Apatity, Aleksin, Makarov, Kungur, Klintsy, Neryungri, Leninogorsk, Lesosibirsk, Polevskoy, Kumertau, Krasnodar, Krasnoturinsk, Tikhoretsk, Ulyanovsk, Svobodnyy, Rzhev, Verkhnevilyuysk, Izhevsk, Balakhna, Belebey, Chistopol, Tikhvin, Labinsk, Iskitim, Vyska, Sibay, Umba, Salsk, Shuya, Yaroslavl, Zima, Barnaul, Kotlas, Gorno Altaysk, Tazovskiy,
19 Neighbour countries of Russia
Azerbaijan [LM] , Belarus [L] , China [L] , Estonia [LM] , Finland [LM] , Georgia [LM] , Japan [M] , Kazakhstan [LM] , Latvia [L] , Lithuania [LM] , Mongolia [L] , North Korea [LM] , Norway [M] , Poland [LM] , Romania [M] , Sweden [M] , Turkey [M] , Ukraine [LM] , United States of America [M] ,
International Border Definition: L = Land Border (भूमि सीमा)| M = Maritime Border (समुद्री सीमा)