Tajikistan has a different place in the geography of the world. There are many things in this country that differentiate this country from other countries such as language, living, clothing, culture, religion, business. Lets learn about some such unique facts related to the Tajikistan and important events related to Tajikistan history, knowing that your knowledge will increase.
Tajikistan Country Profile
Tajikistan means "country of the Tajik", as "Sthan" seems to be, along with the names of many other countries in the region, such as Kyrgyzstan, Hindustan, Pakistan, Afghanistan, etc. The word 'Taj' in 'Tajikistan' is believed to refer to Pamir's knot as 'Taj', where human settlement has been in place for 4000 years before Christ. The place of Mahajanapada Kamboja and Param Kamboja mentioned in Mahabharata and other Indian texts is considered here. Buddhism also came here at the time of Iran's inclusion in the Hakhamani rule. On 9 September 1991, Tajikistan became an independent sovereign nation following the dissolution of the Soviet Union.
Tajikistan is a landslide, and is the smallest nation in Central Asia by region. It is covered by mountains of the Pamir range, and most of the country is over 3,000 meters (9,800 ft) above sea level. The only major areas of the lowlands are in the north (part of the Fargana Valley), and in the southern Copernihon and Vakhsh river valleys, which form the Amu Dariya. Dushanbe is situated on the southern slope above the Koparanihon valley.
Tajikistan was the most remittance-dependent economy in the world in 2014, with remittances accounting for 49% of GDP and expected to fall to 40% in 2015 due to the economic crisis in the Russian Federation. Tajik migrant workers abroad, mainly in the Russian Federation, have become the main source of income for millions of people in Tajikistan. According to some estimates, about 20% of the population lives at US $ 1.25 per day. The Nurek Dam of Tajikistan, is the second highest dam in the world. Tajikistan is also an active member of the Organization for Economic Cooperation (ECO).
The state and official language of the Republic of Tajikistan is Tajik, written in the Tajik Cyrillic alphabet. In fact, the Tajik language is a type of Persian language (or Persian). This fact is also recognized by linguists. Therefore, Tajik speakers have no problem communicating with Persian speakers from Iran and Dari speakers from Afghanistan. Many millions of native Tajik speakers also live in neighboring Uzbekistan and Russia.
Tajikistan Important Facts
- Tajikistan, officially called the Republic of Tajikistan, is a landlock country located in the middle of Asia.
- Tajikistan is bordered on the north by Kyrgyzstan, on the south by Afghanistan, on the west by Uzbekistan, and on the east by China.
- Tajikistan gained independence from the Soviet Union on 9 September 1991.
- The total area of Tajikistan is 143,100 sq km. (55,300 sq mi).
- Tajik is the official language of Tajikistan.
- The name of the currency of Tajikistan is Somoni.
- According to the World Bank, the total population of Tajikistan in 2016 was 87.3 lakhs.
- In Tajikistan, the religion of most people is Islam, which belongs to the Sunni community.
- The most important ethnic groups in Tajikistan are Tajik, Uzbek and Kyrgyz etc.
- The highest peak in Tajikistan is Ismail Somoni, which has a height of 24,590 meters.
- The longest river of Tajikistan is the Amu Darya / Panj River, which has a length of 921 km.
- Tajikistan's largest lake is Sarez Lake, which is 79.7 square kilometers. Spreads over an area of.
- The national animal of Tajikistan is Marco Polo sheep.
- The national bird of Tajikistan is the Saker falcon.
- The national dish of Tajikistan is plov.
Tajikistan Important History Events
- 09 September 1991 - Tajikistan gained independence from the Soviet Union.
- 14 august 2007 - The Shanghai Cooperation of Central Asian countries, includes the People's Republic of China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan andUzbekistan, meets in the Kyrgyz capital of Bishkek to talk about security issues.
Populated Cities of Tajikistan
Kuybyshevskiy, Khujand, Qurghonteppa, Khorugh, Konibodom, Uroteppa, Kulob, Dushanbe,
4 Neighbour countries of Tajikistan
Afghanistan [L] , China [L] , Kyrgyzstan [L] , Uzbekistan [L] ,
International Border Definition: L = Land Border (भूमि सीमा)| M = Maritime Border (समुद्री सीमा)