Haiti has a different place in the geography of the world. There are many such things in this country that separate this country from other countries such as language, living style, dress, culture, religion, business. Let us know about some such unique facts related to the country of Haiti and important events related to history, knowing which your knowledge will increase.
Haiti Country Quick General Knowledge
|Father/Founder of Country||Jean-Jacques Dessalines|
|National Anthem of Country||La Dessalinienne, (Song of Dessalines)|
Read Also: Name of the country, their capital and currency List
- Haiti is officially called the Republic of Haiti. It is located on the island of Hispaniola in the Greater Antilles Islands in the Caribbean region.
- Haiti shares Hispaniola island with the former Dominican Republic nation.
- Haiti declared the Republic of Haiti by implementing the Constitution on 29 March 1987.
- The total area of Haiti is 27,750 sq km. (10,710 square miles).
- The official languages of Haiti are Haitian Creole and French.
- The name of the currency of Haiti is Haitian Gourde.
- According to the World Bank, Haiti had a total population of 1.08 crore in 2016.
- The religion of most people in Haiti is Christian and Voodoo.
- The most important ethnic groups in Haiti are Afro-Haitian, Mullatto and White.
- The highest mountain in Haiti is Mount Pic la Selle, a volcanic mountain with a height of 2,680 meters.
- The longest river in Haiti is the Artibonite River, with a length of 320 km.
- The largest lake in Haiti is Etang Saumâtre which is 170 square kilometers. Spreads over an area.
- The national bird of Haiti is Hispaniolan Trogon.
- The national tree of Haiti is the Royal Palm.
- The national dish of Haiti is rice.
- 18 November 1803 - Battle of Verteres: Haiti forces defeated Napoleon's army led by Jean-Jacques Desalines.
- 01 January 1804 - Haiti gained independence from France and became the first black republic, which led to the only successful slave revolt.
- 17 February 1807 - Henry Christopher was elected the first President of the State of Haiti.
- 01 July 1889 - Frederick Douglass became ministerial nominee for Haiti.
- 08 February 1905 - 10,000 people died due to the severe cyclonic storm that struck Haiti and its surrounding islands.
- 25 October 1935 - Except for a huge storm of death of more than two thousand people and many homeless and hungry hit Haiti.
- 22 September 1957 - François 'Papa Doctor ' Duvallier was elected as Haiti's populist president before the integration of power and ruled as a dictator for his life.
- 04 October 1963 - In Cuba and Haiti, six thousand people were killed by the cyclone 'Hyaflorah'.
- 02 October 1963 - Hurricane Flora, Haiti, Cuba, Trinidad, and Tobago, Grenada die of heavy storms, it was considered to be deadly and one of the worst storms recorded for destruction.
- 07 February 1986 - President of Haiti Jean-Claude Duvalier fled the country after a popular uprising, ending 28 years of one-family rule in the nation.
Definition of international border: L = Land Border | M = Maritime Border
The capital of Haiti is Port-au-Prince.
The currency of Haiti is Haitian gourde.
Haiti is the part of North America continent.
The languages spoken in Haiti are Creole, French.
The national anthem of Haiti is "La Dessalinienne, (Song of Dessalines)".
Jean-Jacques Dessalines is considered the founder/father of Modern Haiti.