Ukraine has a different place in the geography of the world. There are many things in this country that differentiate this country from other countries such as language, living, clothing, culture, religion, business. Lets learn about some such unique facts related to the Ukraine and important events related to Ukraine history, knowing that your knowledge will increase.
Ukraine Country Profile
In the 19th century, Ukraine between Austria and Russia had the same status as a rural area. In the midst of rapid urbanization and modernization taking place in these countries, Ukraine also saw the rise of nationalism, intellectual class, the prominent names of which were national poet Taras Shevchenko (1814–1861) and political thinker Mikhailo Drahomonov (1841-1895). The First World War destroyed both empires.Where the Soviet Union was founded under the Bolsheviks in the Russian Revolution of 1917, a Ukrainian national movement for independence emerged in the Eucran as well, amidst fierce communist and socialist influence. The rise of many Ukrainian states was recognized internationally as the Ukrainian People's Republic (UNR).
Ukraine is the 46th largest country in the world (before Madagascar, after South Sudan) with an area of 603,628 square kilometers. It is the largest country within the entire European border and the second-largest country in Europe.
In the Soviet era, Ukraine's economy was the second largest in the Soviet Union, an important industrial and agricultural component of the country's planned economy. In 2019, the average nominal salary in Ukraine reached 10,000 hryvnia or around € 300 per month, while in 2018, the average money per adult Ukraine was $ 40. In 2017, Ukraine's government debt was 75%. Ukraine is a developing country and is ranked 88 in the Human Development Index. Ukraine is the poorest country in Europe, along with Moldova.
According to the Constitution, the state language of Ukraine in Ukraine. Russian is widely spoken, especially in eastern and southern Ukraine.
Ukraine Important Facts
- Ukraine is a country located in the continent of Eastern Europe.
- Ukraine is bordered by Russia to the east, Belarus to the north, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary to the west, Romania and Moldova to the southwest, and the Black Sea and Azov Sea to the south.
- Ukraine became a founding member of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics in December 1922.
- Ukraine gained independence from the Soviet Union on 24 August 1991.
- The total area of Ukraine is 17,818 sq km. (6,880 square miles).
- The official language of Ukraine is Ukrainian.
- The name of the currency of Ukraine is Ukrainian hryvnia.
- According to the World Bank, the total population of Ukraine in 2016 was 4.5 crore.
- Ukraine ranks 8th among the top 10 countries in the world's fastest Internet access.
- The world's first constitution was drafted and introduced in the year 1710 by Ukrainian hetman Pilip Orlyuk.
- The National University of Ostroh academy was the first higher educational establishment in Eastern Europe.
- The most prominent soil of Ukraine is black soil which is found in two-thirds of Ukraine, due to which it is famous as the Pav basket.
- In 2007, the Ukrainian stock market recorded the second highest growth in the world by 130 percent.
- Ukraine is still ranked 142nd out of 175 countries in the world in Europe's latest CPI report 2014, which is the most corrupt country in Europe.
- Antonov Design Bureau based in Kiev created the world's largest and heaviest aircraft. It was named AN-225 Mriya.
Ukraine Important History Events
- 22 July 648 - During the Khmelnatsky uprising in Ukraine, 10,000 Jews were killed in the Chamelnik massacre.
- 31 may 1223 - Mongol invasions-Mongol forces defeated a combined army ofKiev, Galich, and the Cumans at the Kalchik River in present-dayUkraine.
- 28 june 1651 - The Battle of Berestechko between Poland and Ukraine started. It was a battle of a Cossack rebellion in Ukraine that took place in the years 1648–1657 after the expiration of a two-year truce. Fought over three days from 28 to 30 June 1651, the battle took place in the province of Volhynia, on the hilly plain south of the Styr River.
- 28 june 1651 - Khmelnyt sky Uprising-The Zaporozhian Cossacks began clashing with forces of the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth at the Battle of Berestechko in the Volhynia Region of present-day Ukraine.
- 29 june 1659 - Russo-Polish War: The hetman of Ukraine Ivan Vyhovsky and hisallies defeated the armies of Russian Tsardom led by Aleksey Trubetskoyat the Battle of Konotop in the present-day Sumy Oblast of Ukraine.
- 07 May 1727 - Queen Katherine I of Russia ordered the Jews out of Ukraine.
- 29 september 1941 - The Holocaust-German Nazis aided by their collaborators beganthe Babi Yar massacre in Kiev, Ukraine, killing over 30,000 Jewishcivilians in two days and thousands more in the months that followed.
- 12 may 1942 - World War II-Soviet forces under Marshal Semyon Timoshenkolaunched a major offensive in the eastern Ukraine, only to be encircledand destroyed by German troops two weeks later.
- 21 September 1942 - The Nazis killed 2588 Jews in Ukraine, Dunevtsy.
- 11 july 1943 - In a massive ethnic cleansing operation, units of the UkrainianInsurgent Army attacked various Polish villages in the Volhynia regionof present-day Ukraine, killing the Polish civilians and burning thosesettlements to the ground.
Populated Cities of Ukraine
Odessa, Donetsk, Shostka, Brovary, Uman, Izmayil, Lvov, Kupyansk, Zaporizhzhya, Korosten, Kovel, Kryvyy Rih, Illichivsk, Mykolayiv, Mariupol, Luhansk, Voznesensk, Khmelnytskyy, Horlivka, Makiyivka, Vinnytsya, Kherson, Poltava, Chernihiv, Chernivtsi, Cherkasy, Sumy, Zhytomyr, Kiev, Rivne, Kirovohrad, Ternopil, Ivano-Frankivsk, Kremenchuk, Lutsk, Bila Tserkva, Kramatorsk, Melitopol, Uzhgorod, Kharkiv, Nikopol, Lysychansk, Drohobych, Berdyansk, Nizhyn, Kamyanets-Podilskyy, Dnipro, Konotop, Chernobyl, Sevastopol', Simferopol',
8 Neighbour countries of Ukraine
Belarus [L] , Hungary [L] , Moldova [L] , Poland [L] , Romania [LM] , Russia [LM] , Slovakia [L] , Turkey [M] ,
International Border Definition: L = Land Border (भूमि सीमा)| M = Maritime Border (समुद्री सीमा)