Brunei has a different place in the geography of the world. There are many things in this country that differentiate this country from other countries such as language, living, clothing, culture, religion, business. Lets learn about some such unique facts related to the Brunei and important events related to Brunei history, knowing that your knowledge will increase.
Brunei Country Profile
|Capital||Bandar Seri Begawan|
|Founder||Omar Ali Saifuddien III|
The Bruneian Empire (ruled 1485–1528) was controlled by Sultan Bolkiah, including modern-day Sarawak and Sabah, as well as the Sulu archipelago from Seludong, the northeast tip of Borneo. Islands far from the northwest tip of Borneo. The maritime state was visited by the Magellan Expedition of Spain in 1521 and fought against Spain in the Castilian War of 1578. During the 19th century, the Kingdom of Brunei began to decline. The Sultanate handed over Sarawak (Kuching) to James Brooke and installed him as the White King, and he handed over Sabah to the British North Borneo Chartered Company. In 1888, Brunei became a British defender and in 1906 a British resident was appointed as colonial steward. After the Japanese occupation during World War II, a new constitution was written in 1959. In 1962, a small armed rebellion against the monarchy was ended with the help of the British.
Brunei is a Southeast Asian country with two unconnected parts on the island of Borneo with a total area of 5,765 square kilometers. It has a 161 km long coastline next to the South China Sea, and shares a 381 km border with Malaysia. It has 500 square kilometers of territorial waters, and a 200-nautical-mile exclusive economic zone. Brunei has a tropical equatorial climate that is more tropical for tropical forests than for trade winds and without or rare cyclones.
Brunei has the second highest human development index among Southeast Asian countries after Singapore, and is classified as a developed country. Brunei's small, prosperous economy is a mix of foreign and domestic entrepreneurship, government regulation, welfare measures and village tradition. It accounts for about 90% of GDP in crude oil and natural gas production. Around 167,000 barrels of oil are produced every day, making Brunei the fourth largest producer of oil in Southeast Asia. It produces about 25.3 million cubic meters of liquid natural gas per day, making Brunei the ninth largest exporter of the substance in the world. Forbes also ranks Brunei as the fifth richest country out of 182 based on its petroleum and natural gas fields.
The official language of Brunei is Standard Malay, for which both the Latin alphabet and the Arabic alphabet are used. The Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sports supports a linguistic movement aimed at the increased use of language in Brunei. English is widely used as a commercial and official language and is spoken by the majority of the population in Brunei. English is used as a working language in business and as a language of instruction from primary to tertiary education.
Brunei Important Facts
- Brunei is officially called the Nation of Brunei, which means the abode of peace (Malay Brunei Darussalam) It is located near Indonesia in the south-east of Asia.
- Brunei gained independence from the United Kingdom on 1 January 1984.
- Brunei is a monarchy (sultanate) and the current ruler here is named Haji Hasanal Bolkia Muizaddin Vadolah, who has been holding the post of ruler since 1967.
- The current ruler of Brunei is very fond of cars, so he has a collection of about 7,000 cars.
- The ruler of Brunei is the second richest ruler in the world and serves as the prime minister, defense minister and finance minister of Brunei.
- The total area of Brunei is 5,765 sq km. (2,226 sq mi).
- The official language of Brunei is Malay and the recognized language is English.
- The currency of Brunei is named Brunei Dollar.
- According to the World Bank, Brunei had a total population of 4.23 million in 2016.
- In Brunei, the religion of most people is Islam.
- Women are still not given the right to vote in Brunei.
- The most important ethnic groups in Brunei are Malayas and Chinese.
- The highest mountain in Brunei is Bukit Pagon, which has a height of 1,850 meters.
- The longest river in Brunei is the Sungai Belait River, which is 206 km in length.
- The national animal and bird of Brunei are the White-bellied Sea Eagle.
Brunei Important History Events
- 31 December 1983 - The United Kingdom granted independence to Brunei.
Populated Cities of Brunei
Bandar Seri Begawan,
5 Neighbour countries of Brunei
China [M] , Malaysia [LM] , Philippines [M] , Taiwan [M] , Vietnam [M] ,
International Border Definition: L = Land Border (भूमि सीमा)| M = Maritime Border (समुद्री सीमा)