Malaysia has a different place in the geography of the world. There are many things in this country that differentiate this country from other countries such as language, living, clothing, culture, religion, business. Lets learn about some such unique facts related to the Malaysia and important events related to Malaysia history, knowing that your knowledge will increase.
Malaysia Country Profile
|Founder||Tunku Abdul Rahman|
Malaysia was a trading center between China and India since ancient times. When Europeans arrived in the region, they made Malacca an important trade port. Later Malaysia became a colony of the British Empire. Its peninsular part became independent on 31 August 1957 as Federation Malaya. In 1963, Malaya, Singapore and Borneo Stakes became Malaysia together. 1965 Singapore separates and declares its independence.
Malaysia is the 66th largest country by total land area. It has land borders with Thailand in West Malaysia and Indonesia and Brunei in East Malaysia. It is connected to Singapore by a narrow passage and bridge. The country also has maritime borders with Vietnam and the Philippines. Land boundaries are defined in large part such as the Perlis River, the Golok River and the Pagalyan Canal, while some maritime boundaries are the subject of ongoing controversy.
Malaysia is a relatively open state-oriented and newly industrialized market economy. The state plays an important but decreasing role in directing economic activities through macroeconomic plans. Malaysia has the best economic record in Asia, with the GDP growing at an average of 6.5 percent annually from 1957 to 2005. Malaysia's economy was the most competitive in Asia in 2014–2015, ranking 6th in Asia and 20th in the world. In 2014, Malaysia's economy grew 6%, the second largest growth in ASEAN, behind the Philippines' growth of 6.1%.
The official and national language of Malaysia is a standardized form of Malaysia Malay language. According to government policy the terminology is Bahasa Malaysia (literally "Malaysian language"), but officially the official language is called Bahasa Melayu (literally "Malay language"). The National Language Act 1967 specifies the Latin (Rumi) script as the official script of the national language, but does not prohibit the use of the traditional Javi script.
Malaysia Important Facts
- Malaysia is an island nation located between the continental Asia of Southeast Asia and the lands of Oceania.
- Malaysia gained independence from the United Kingdom (UK) on 31 August 1957 as the Federation of Malaya.
- The total area of Malaysia is 330,803 sq km. (127,724 sq mi).
- The official language of Malaysia is Malay and the script is Latin.
- The currency name of Malaysia is Ringgit.
- According to the World Bank, the total population of Malaysia in 2016 was 3.12 crore.
- In Malaysia, the religion of most people is Islam and the second number is Buddhism.
- Different ethnic groups like Chinese, Malay and Indians live in Malaysia.
- Malaysia has a equatorial climate which is hot and humid throughout the year with an average temperature of 27 ° C.
- The highest mountain in Malaysia is Mount Kinabalu, which is 4,095 meters high.
- The largest Rajang River in Malaysia is Rajang River, with a length of 563 km.
- The first rail in Malaysia was run by the British in 1885 which ran between Taiping to Weld Bandargad (Kuala Sepatang).
- Malaysia's penang bridge is Malaysia's first longest and Asia's third longest bridge, with a length of 13,500 meters.
- The Sarawak Chamber of Malaysia is the largest cave in the world and the second largest by volume according to Miao Cave in China.
Malaysia Important History Events
- 21 October 1816 - Penang Island Free Penco established Penang Island in modern Malaysia) by Rev. Sparke Hutchings.
- 09 August 1942 - The freedom fighter Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose established the Indian National Army in Malaya (now Malaysia) with the help of Japan.
- 11 may 1946 - The United Malays National Organization, Malaysia’s largest political party, was founded on May 11, 1946. Each of Malaysia’s six Prime Ministers has been an UMNO member
- 17 September 1957 - Malaysia joins the United Nations.
- 03 August 1957 - Abdul Rahman was elected the new leader of Malaysia under whose leadership Malaysia gained independence from Britain. Abdul Rahman, who was educated in Britain, though he came from the royal family, was always called the leader of the common man.
- 16 september 1963 - Malaya, Singapore, North Borneo (present-day Sabah), andSarawak merged to form Malaysia.
- 09 august 1965 - Malaysia expelled the state of Singapore from its federationdue to heated ideological conflict between their respective rulingparties.
- 08 august 1967 - Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailandfounded the Association of Southeast Asian Nations.
- 23 September 1970 - Abdul Razak bin Hussain became the Prime Minister of Malaysia.
- 01 February 1974 - The capital of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, was declared a federal territory.
Populated Cities of Malaysia
Kelang, Johor Bahru, Chukai, Butterworth, Malacca, Putrajaya, Ipoh, Kangar, Kuching, Kota Kinabalu, Kota Baharu, Shah Alam, Raub, Sandakan, Seremban, Kuantan, Sungai Petani, Kuala Terengganu, Alor Setar, Tawau, George Town, Taiping, Miri, Sibu, Batu Pahat, Muar, Keluang, Kuala Lipis, Bintulu, Kuala Lumpur, Lahad Datu, Teluk Intan, Victoria,
8 Neighbour countries of Malaysia
Brunei [LM] , Cambodia [M] , Indonesia [LM] , Philippines [M] , Singapore [M] , Taiwan [M] , Thailand [LM] , Vietnam [M] ,
International Border Definition: L = Land Border (भूमि सीमा)| M = Maritime Border (समुद्री सीमा)