Philippines has a different place in the geography of the world. There are many such things in this country that separate this country from other countries such as language, living style, dress, culture, religion, business. Let us know about some such unique facts related to the country of Philippines and important events related to history, knowing which your knowledge will increase.
Philippines Country Quick General Knowledge
|Father/Founder of Country||Emilio Aguinaldo, Andrés Bonifacio|
|National Anthem of Country||Lupang Hinirang, (Chosen Land)|
Read Also: Name of the country, their capital and currency List
- The Philippines, officially called the Republic of the Philippines, is an archipelago country located in the southeast of Asia.
- The Philippines was named after King Philip II of Spain.
- The Philippines gained independence from the United States on 4 July 1946.
- The total area of the Philippines is 343,448 sq km. (132,606 sq mi).
- The official languages of the Philippines are Filipino and English.
- The currency of the Philippines is named Peso.
- According to the World Bank, the total population of the Philippines in 2016 was 10.33 crore.
- The religion of most people in the Philippines is Christian.
- The most important ethnic groups in the Philippines are the Visayan, Tagalog and Ilocano.
- The Philippines has a tropical marine climate that is generally hot and humid.
- The highest mountain in the Philippines is Mount Apo, whose height is 9,692 meters.
- The longest river in the Philippines is the Cagayan River, which is 350 km in length.
- The largest lake in the Philippines is Laguna de Bay, which is 911.7 square kilometers. Spreads over an area of.
- The world's largest Christmas lantern was built on December 24, 2002 in San Fernando, Philippines, costing five million Philippine pesos.
- 17 November 1405 - Sulu's Sultanate was installed on the Sulu Islands, the coast of Mindanao in the Philippines.
- 19 May 1571 - Miguel López de Jagazpi founded Manila, the capital of the Philippines.
- 24 June 1571 - Miguel Lops de LegaziP founded Manila, the capital of the Republic of Philippines. Miguel Lopez de Legazi, also known as El Adalantado and L Weezo, was a Basque Spanish sailor and governor who founded the first Spanish settlement in the East Indies, when his campaign was from Vicerialti of New Spain in modern Spain The Pacific had crossed the Ocean. And in 1565, the Cebu was established on the Philippine Island.
- 24 June 1571 - The Spanish winner, Miguel Lopez de Legazpi established a solidal to control the city of Manila, which is now the capital of the Philippines.
- 11 June 1594 - In the Philippines, Philip II of Spain recognized the principal authority of the local organization of Principal, and the heads of Roman Catholicism.
- 19 January 1607 - San Agustin Church in Manila, the oldest church in the Philippines, was completed.
- 24 January 1744 - The Dagohoy uprising in the Philippines began with the murder of Giuseppe Lamberti.
- 30 June 1755 - The Philippines closed all non-Catholic Chinese restaurants.
- 06 October 1762 - British troops occupied Manila, Philippines.
- 01 February 1814 - The Mayon volcano erupted in the Philippines, killing about 1,200 people.
The capital of Philippines is Manila.
The currency of Philippines is Philippine peso.
Philippines is the part of Asia continent.
The languages spoken in Philippines are Filipino, English.
The national anthem of Philippines is "Lupang Hinirang, (Chosen Land)".
Emilio Aguinaldo, Andrés Bonifacio is considered the founder/father of Modern Philippines.